A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
3 business days
All About the Singapore eVisa
Planning on travelling to Singapore? You’re in good company. With its soaring skyline, lush green landscapes and vibrant (and delicious) fusion of cultures, the bustling island city-state known as the Little Red Dot is a world-class destination for tourism and business alike. However, getting there can be a bit of a challenge if you don’t do your research and get the necessary documents ahead of time.
Even those who don’t need a Singapore tourist visa are regularly turned away at the airport because they have failed to meet the strict entry requirements. Make sure you’re prepared to face the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority at the border with Byevisa’s fast and convenient online visa services.
In addition to providing clear and detailed information about what to expect before you travel, Byevisa can process 2 official documents you may need for your trip, depending on your nationality: the eVisa and the SG Arrival Card.
Read on to learn about the required Arrival Card, discover if you can use an online visa to enter Singapore and follow our step-by-step instructions on how to apply. With Byevisa, you can complete the entire process online in just a few minutes.
- 1 Difference Between Singapore eVisa vs SG Arrival Card
- 2 Singapore Travel Requirements and Visa Eligibility
- 3 Singapore Visa Application Process
- 4 Singapore eVisa Form and Documents
- 5 Singapore Visa Status Check
- 6 How Much Is a Visa for Singapore?
- 7 What Is the SG Arrival Card for Singapore?
- 8 More Questions and Information About the Singapore eVisa
Difference Between Singapore eVisa vs SG Arrival Card
There are 2 types of electronic travel documents for Singapore:
- The electronic SG Arrival Card has been required for visitors from all countries since March 2020. You must apply no more than 3 days before your date of arrival. You can apply with Byevisa up to 14 days before your arrival. Byevisa will deliver your SG Arrival card straight to your email inbox in as little as 30 minutes.
- The Singapore SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically) is an online visa that is only necessary if you are a citizen of a country that needs special permission to enter Singapore. Find more information below.
Singapore Travel Requirements and Visa Eligibility
Citizens of all countries must pass through a vigorous immigration process to travel to Singapore. You will need to meet the following requirements to gain entry:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months after you leave Singapore.
- Proof of sufficient funds for the length of your stay.
- An Electronic SG Arrival Card.
- A confirmed ticket out of Singapore (return or onward to next destination).
- Proof you will be able to enter your next destination (e.g., a visa if necessary).
- A Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if travelling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission. Check the World Health Organisation’s website to see if this applies to you.
- A Singapore visa, if applicable.
Many nationalities, including people from the United States, United Kingdom, Latin America and most of Europe, do not need a tourist visa for Singapore. However, others do need to get authorisation before travelling.
A visa is required for entry to Singapore if your passport is issued by one of the following countries:
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Saudi Arabia
A visa is also needed if you are travelling with one of the following:
- Refugee travel documents issued by a Middle East country.
- Passport issued by the Palestinian Authority.
- Temporary passport issued by the United Arab Emirates.
- Document of Identity issued by Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- Travel Permit issued by Macao Special Administrative Region.
Singapore Visa Application Process
Thanks to Byevisa’s easy online visa application process, you can take care of everything from the comfort of your home. No piles of paperwork or waiting in line.
This is especially good news for citizens of the many countries in which Singapore does not have an overseas mission: now there is no need to travel to an embassy or consulate to obtain your visa. All you need to use the Byevisa service is an internet connection.
Here’s an overview of how to apply for your Singapore visa:
1. Decide what hotel you will book and what flight you will take. It is not necessary to book your accommodation or travel tickets before obtaining your visa, but you must have a clear idea of your plans. (Pro travel tip: if you do decide to book ahead of time, look for an option with a free cancellation policy, just in case.)
- When applying for your visa, you are asked to provide the address, phone number and email of your hotel, as well as your flight number and arrival and departure dates. If you will be staying with family or friends, there is no need to book a hotel. Just make sure you have the full address, phone number and email of the person you will be staying with.
2. Gather the necessary documents. You need a digital copy of your passport opened to the bio-data page (where your picture and signature appear) as well as a digital photo. See details on visa photo requirements below.
3. Fill out Byevisa’s quick and easy online application form. You need to provide some personal information, such as your name, date and place of birth, nationality and occupation, as well as your passport details. This will only take a few minutes.
4. Decide how fast you would like your visa processed and enter your payment information. You need a valid debit card, credit card or PayPal account.
5. Check your inbox for a confirmation email stating that your application was sent correctly.
6. Sit back and relax. We will send your visa directly to your email inbox when it’s ready, depending on the processing option selected.
Singapore eVisa Form and Documents
To get your Singapore visa, you will need the following documents:
- Passport. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after you enter the country. It also needs to have at least 1 blank page.
- Copy of hotel and flight reservation, or detailed proposed itinerary.
- Valid debit/credit card or PayPal account to make your payment.
- Digital photo. The Singapore visa photo size and other requirements are very strict. Your visa application may be rejected if your photo does not meet the following criteria:
- Taken within the last 3 months.
- Photo size: 35mm wide by 45mm high or 400 x 514 pixels, no borders.
- Photo file: less than 60 KB, jpg file format.
- Color photo with plain white background, no shadows.
- Matt or semi-matt finish.
- Avoid white clothing or headgear.
- Headgear worn as per religious or racial customs is permitted, but must not hide facial features.
- Show full face and upper shoulders, facing forward, eyes open, mouth closed.
- Look at camera with neutral expression (no smiling).
- Hair must not cover eyebrows or eyes.
- Eyeglasses frames must not cover any part of your eyes.
- Eyeglasses lenses must not reflect or glare.
- Even exposure (avoid direct lighting).
- If you would like to use your mobile phone to take your photo, the ICA website advises against selfies and suggests you search for an app using the words “Singapore Passport” or “Singapore IC”. Make sure your photo meets the requirements before sending.
When you fill out the Byevisa form to apply for your visa, you will be asked for personal information, such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country/state/province of birth
- Marital status
- Nationality of spouse
- Passport details
- Address in country of origin/residence
- Highest education attained
- Expected date of arrival
- Length of stay
- Type of visa (single/double/triple journey or multiple journey)
- Purpose of visit
- Where you will be staying in Singapore
Singapore Visa Status Check
Depending on the visa processing time you select when you apply, you will receive your visa within 3, 5 or 8 days of submitting your application.
In the meantime, if you’d like to check your visa status in real time, navigate to the relevant section of the Byevisa website. You can find out if the status of your application is pending, approved or rejected.
Byevisa will send a message directly to your email inbox when your application is approved or rejected, so it’s not necessary to check your status. However, we offer the option to put your mind at ease.
How Much Is a Visa for Singapore?
The Singapore visa fees include the cost of the visa itself, which is 63 USD, plus processing. The total amount you need to pay will depend on the processing speed you select at the time of application.
You have the following options:
- Standard service: receive your eVisa in 8 business days for 30 USD (total cost 93 USD).
- Rapid service: receive your eVisa in 5 business days for 50 USD (total cost 113 USD).
- Highly Rapid service: receive your eVisa in 3 business days for 100 USD (total cost 163 USD).
Byevisa makes it easy to get your Electronic Visa without having to travel to an embassy or consulate and wait in line to present your paperwork. This way, you can focus on planning a visit to the futuristic Supertree Grove or dreaming of colourful Clarke Quay.
What Is the SG Arrival Card for Singapore?
The SG Arrival Card is the electronic equivalent of the paper disembarkation/embarkation (D/E) form you may be used to filling out on the plane before landing in a new country. All international travellers visiting Singapore are required to apply for and obtain this electronic document before travel. It is not a visa.
You must apply no more than 3 days before your arrival in Singapore. You will receive the document in your email inbox in 30 minutes, 4 hours or 1 business day, depending on the speed you select.
More Questions and Information About the Singapore eVisa
Looking for more answers? This FAQ section covers specific questions you may have about the Singapore online visa. Open up each question to find the answers you need.