Singapore, also called the ‘Lion City’, is a beautiful, exciting destination for visitors. From the stunning Gardens by the Bay, to the beaches of Sentosa, to the famed half-lion half-fish statue known as ‘Merlion’, there’s tons to see and do.
First of all, however, it’s worth noting that Bangladeshi visitors need a visa for Singapore to gain entry. We’re yet to offer this visa at Byevisa, though fortunately, we’ll provide you with all the details you need to get your travel pass on this page.
You apply for this visa by filling in Singapore’s 14-A application form, compiling the required supporting documents, then submitting your application on the official e-Service online platform. As part of this process, you must either have a contact in-country with a SingPass online account or, alternatively, get in touch with an authorised agent.
How long you’re allowed to stay here will be shown on your visit pass endorsement, which is shown on your passport when you enter Singapore. It’s recommended that you apply within 30 days of your planned visit, and applications typically take 3-5 days to process. Applying for a visa costs 30 SGD (around 22.50 USD). Read on to learn more!
- 1 Singapore Visa for Bangladeshi Vs Visa on Arrival
- 2 Singapore Visa Requirements for Bangladeshis
- 3 What’s on the Singapore Visa Application Form for Bangladeshis?
- 4 Singapore Visa Fee for Bangladeshis
- 5 Travelling to Singapore as a Bangladeshi
- 6 Bangladesh Embassy in Singapore
- 7 Singapore Visa From Bangladesh FAQs
- 8 More Information About Visiting Singapore
Singapore Visa for Bangladeshi Vs Visa on Arrival
Singapore doesn’t offer what’s called a Visa on Arrival (VoA) for citizens of Bangladesh. A VoA is when you apply for your travel pass right after your flight, typically by filling in some forms at the border and handing them to the border agent. Assuming all your documents are in order, your visa is then granted there and then.
Instead, you must apply using the official online e-Service to obtain your travel visa. This is valid for social or business visits to this Southeast Asian island. As mentioned above, you’ll either need a contact with a SingPass or to use an authorised agent when you apply.
Singapore Visa Requirements for Bangladeshis
To obtain your Singapore visa for a Bangladeshi passport holder, you require the following:
- A filled-in and signed copy of application form 14-A.
- A filled-in and signed copy of form V39A, which is your Letter of Introduction (LoI) from your contact or authorised agent in-country.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity remaining.
- A photocopy of your passport’s personal biodata page (the page with your photo).
- A colour photograph taken in the last 3 months:
- Taken against a white background with a matte or semi-matte finish.
- Must show your full face without any headgear (except for religious reasons, although your full face must be visible).
- Must show your face with dimensions of 25mm x 35mm from head to chin.
To ensure your application is processed swiftly, it’s best to provide complete and correct information the first time. Singapore’s visa authorities may require further documents on a case-by-case basis.
What’s on the Singapore Visa Application Form for Bangladeshis?
The Singapore visa application from Bangladesh asks for the following details, among others:
- Your full name.
- Your date of birth.
- Your sex.
- Your marital status.
- Your country of birth.
- Your state or province of birth.
- Your race.
- Your nationality.
- Your travel document type (e.g. passport, national ID card).
- Your travel document’s number.
- Your travel document’s issue and expiry dates.
- Your travel document’s place of issue.
Once you’ve filled this in, compile the supporting documents listed above. Then, submit your application via the e-Service, either with your Singapore contact’s details or those of your chosen authorised agent.
Your application will typically be approved within 3-5 days. Then, when you cross the border control, your permitted length of stay will be shown on your passport’s arrival visit pass endorsement.
Singapore Visa Fee for Bangladeshis
This travel document costs 30 SGD (around 22.50 USD). If you use a third-party service to obtain your pass for you, you may pay more.
Travelling to Singapore as a Bangladeshi
Here’s some useful information ahead of your trip to the Lion City!
- Singapore’s time zone is GMT+8, while Bangladesh’s is +6. So, fortunately, this is just a 2-hour time difference, meaning that you’re unlikely to experience jet lag when you arrive.
- The local currency is the Singapore dollar (currency code: SGD). To get a favourable exchange rate for your trip, it’s worth comparing the bureaux de change’ prices online in advance.
- English is the most commonly spoken language in this country. That said, the other official languages are Malay, Tamil and Mandarin Chinese. So if you speak Chinese, you can show off your skills!
- This country has some famously strict laws that it’s useful to be aware of. For example, it’s illegal to chew gum in this city-state, as is spitting or littering. These offences carry some pretty high fines, so it’s best not to break the rules!
- Consider getting travel insurance for your trip. This protects you in case you have an accident and either need emergency hospital treatment or a short-notice return flight to Bangladesh.
- This country’s public transport is comprehensive and well-regarded. You can get virtually anywhere you want to either by bus, metro (MRT) or a combination of both.
- This is a very safe country with a low crime rate. Tourists report feeling comfortable and relaxed here. So long as you use your common sense and treat people with respect, your trip will be trouble-free.
Bangladesh Embassy in Singapore
You can find the address and contact details of Bangladesh’s embassy in this country here. The embassy’s phone number is +65 6255 0075. Its opening hours are 9 am – 1 pm, then 2 pm – 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Hopefully, you won’t need to visit the embassy while you’re here. “Usually a trip to the embassy is only necessary if you need emergency travel documents to return to Bangladesh, you’ve misplaced your passport, or need to inform the authorities of a crime. An embassy-free holiday is a happy holiday!
Singapore Visa From Bangladesh FAQs
We’ve now provided you with the key information you need to apply for this travel pass. However, in case you’re thirsty for more knowledge, you can find the answers to some frequently asked questions below!
Can All Bangladeshis Travel Here?
Yes. So long as you meet the entry requirements stated above, you can visit this country as a Bangladeshi. However, please note that Singapore’s authorities may ask for additional supporting documents to those listed on a case-by-case basis.
How Many Bangladeshis Live Here?
According to the most recent official data, around 150,000 Bangladeshis call Singapore home. Many of these are migrant workers who’ve come to Singapore seeking labour opportunities in areas such as construction.
What Do I Need to Know Before Travelling Here?
Singapore is a shopper’s paradise and boasts a huge variety of restaurants. It’s a very walkable city too, so remember to pack a pair of comfy shoes, hit the shops and try the local cuisine!
How Can I Do a Singapore Visa Check From Bangladesh?
Once you’ve submitted your application on the official e-Service platform, you can check its status at any time. You just need your application reference number and your passport number.
More Information About Visiting Singapore
You can read more about travelling to the Lion City on our Visit Singapore page. Also, read more about the Singapore visa on our dedicated page. We hope you’ve found this page helpful. Have a super trip!