An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
15 business days
All about the Ukraine Visa
Perhaps you are considering visiting the European gateway country of Ukraine. Preparing for your trip, you may be wondering if you need a visa to visit. Here we look at the travel documents you require to enter this Eastern European nation and how long you can stay with the different types of authorisations.
There are several different requirements depending on the country you’re from, how long you plan to stay, and the purpose of your visit. You may be eligible to enter without a visa at all, but it’s possible you will only be able to stay for up to 90 days.
If you do need permission to enter, you may be able to apply for an electronic travel authorisation (e-Visa). Alternatively, visitors from some countries are not eligible to apply online and require an authorisation to be obtained in advance at their local consulate.
With Byevisa, you can quickly and easily complete your online application which will get you on your way with zero hassle!
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an e-Visa and a Ukraine Visa on Arrival?
- 2 Ukraine Visa Application Process
- 3 Ukraine Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 4 Application Form and Documents Required for a Ukraine e-Visa
- 5 Ukraine e-Visa Status Check
- 6 How Much does a Ukraine Visa Cost?
- 7 More Ukraine Visa Questions and Information
What’s the Difference Between an e-Visa and a Ukraine Visa on Arrival?
if you are a citizen of one of 52 countries (see the full list below) you may apply for an e-Visa if your visit is for business, tourism, medical treatment, cultural activities, science, education, sports, or foreign media correspondence.
Applying for an electronic travel document is a fast and simple way to get you on your way to the land of culinary delights such as borshch and varenyky. e-Visas are valid for 30 days and are Single Entry.
By comparison to the eVisa, a visa on arrival (VoA) is not issued before travel, but instead is issued at specific checkpoints such as airports in the destination country. As of January 2019, the Ukrainian government no longer allows any visitors to obtain a VoA.
Ukraine Visa Application Process
Please consult our eligibility checker tool to see if you’re eligible for this eVisa:
Alternatively, here’s the full list of 52 countries whose citizens can apply for an electronic travel authorisation:
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
If you are from one of the 5 visa-exempt countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, and Uzbekistan, you can travel to Ukraine without any restrictions.
Lastly, visitors from these 66 countries and territories may enter visa-free for up to 90 days within any 180-day period:
All European Union countries
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Saint Kitts and Nevis
United Arab Emirates
The tourist visa allows visitors to stay up to a maximum of 30 days. It’s Single Entry, meaning that you can only enter and exit the country once. If you intend to go into and out of the country several times, you must obtain multiple travel passes. Bear in mind that your passport must be valid for longer than the length of your stay in Ukraine.
Ukraine Visa Requirements and Eligibility
To apply for an e-Visa to this Eastern European country with Byevisa you need the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least 3 months after your departure date from Ukraine, contains at least 2 blank pages and is not valid for more than 10 years.
- A colour photo with the size measuring 35 x 45 mm.
- Proof of valid health insurance policy that covers a minimum of 30,000 EUR.
- Proof of sufficient funds to last for the duration of your stay in Ukraine.
- Proof of the purpose of your visit, like an itinerary.
If you’re travelling with a diplomatic passport, the health insurance policy and sufficient funds requirements do not apply. Byevisa’s fees must be paid by credit/debit card or PayPal.
When planning your application, keep in mind that your visa cannot be issued earlier than 3 months before your visit or less than 10 business days before your visit.
Application Form and Documents Required for a Ukraine e-Visa
Filling out our application form is straightforward. You need to provide some basic personal information and travel details. Aside from the application form, you need to upload supporting documentation and your credit or debit card number to pay the fee. You can also pay by PayPal.
How to apply for an e-Visa for Ukraine using Byevisa:
1. At the top of this page, select your nationality and where you’re travelling to (in this case, Ukraine).
In this step you see whether you’re eligible to apply online. For example, if you’re from Australia then you’re immediately eligible, but if you’re from Afghanistan you have to obtain your visa through your embassy or consulate. You also see the price of the travel document listed once you’ve selected your nationality.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to the next page, where you enter your personal information like:
- Your email address, so we can send you your travel document.
- Your intended entry and exit dates.
- A relevant contact number.
- Your name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality, as it appears in your passport.
- Your birth date.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number, issue date and expiry date.
- You will be asked to confirm the reason for your visit: tourism, business, culture, science, education, sports, or medical treatment.
You also have to upload the following supporting documents:
- Digital passport-quality photograph.
- A scan of your passport page.
- Proof of health insurance policy that insures you up to EUR 30,000.
- Proof of sufficient funds, in the form of reservation or payment confirmation to a hotel, or a voucher for tourist services.
- A return ticket with a fixed date to either your country of origin or permanent residence, or to a third country.
3. Then you pay for your application. Just enter your credit or debit card information and click on ‘Submit Payment.’ You can also pay by PayPal.
4. After your online application is approved, you receive your electronic travel document by email. When you receive it, you should print a copy to present to the border authorities when you arrive. Keep your printed authorisation with you at all times for the duration of your trip.
Depending on your country and the processing speed you select, the processing time will vary. You can expect to receive your eVisa in 15, 17 or 19 business days, depending on the Byevisa service you select.
Ukraine e-Visa Status Check
With Byevisa, it’s easy to check the status of your authorisation.
Click the ‘Log in’ button in our main menu, then on the next page, enter your contact details and enquiry. You can find out, among other queries:
- If your application has been approved.
- If it’s yet to be processed (pending).
- Your travel document’s initial date and expiry date, plus how many days it remains valid for.
- If your pass has been rejected, and why.
Please bear in mind that how long your eVisa takes to process depends on the service you select. You choose your preferred processing time as part of your application, so please contact us only if you haven’t received your travel document within the originally stated timeframe.
If you spot that you made a mistake on your application, contact us so that we can correct it as soon as possible.
How Much does a Ukraine Visa Cost?
The Ukrainian government charges 93.00 USD for the electronic travel authorisation. With Byevisa, we charge a processing fee to handle your application to save you the time and effort of doing so for yourself.
How much we charge depends on how fast you require your travel authorisation. You can choose between Standard, Rapid and Highly Rapid services:
- Standard service costs 35.00 USD. You receive your authorisation in 19 business days.
- Rapid service costs 60.00 USD. You receive it in 17 business days.
- Highly Rapid service costs 85.00 USD. You receive it in 15 business days.
More Ukraine Visa Questions and Information
Below you will find a selection of frequently asked questions. We have tried to cover as many possible points to help you as you plan your travel to Ukraine. If you have any additional questions, feel free to get in touch! We’ll be delighted to help.