Looking forward to heading to Iceland on vacation? You will want to make sure you have all your documents in place before you travel. If you want to know ‘do Indians need a visa for Iceland?’ then the simple answer is yes, they do.
Unfortunately, there is no Iceland e-Visa for Indians, but Byevisa still want to help! We have collated all the information you need in order to get your documents in order so that you can travel with ease.
Iceland is part of the Schengen zone and so getting an Iceland tourist visa for Indians usually means that you can use the same visa to go to any country that is part of the Schengen bloc. This is excellent news if you want to travel around, as you will be given 90 days’ access to the Schengen Area over a 180-day period.
- 1 Iceland Tourist Visa for Indians
- 2 Iceland Visa Application Process for Indians
- 3 Iceland Visa Requirements for Indians
- 4 Iceland Visa Fees for Indians
- 5 Indians Travelling to Iceland Flight Details
- 6 India Consulate in Iceland
- 7 Commonly Asked Questions for Tourists
- 8 More Information on Visiting Iceland
Iceland Tourist Visa for Indians
When it comes to getting organised for your trip, you will find that there is not an Iceland Visa on Arrival for Indians. This is because you apply beforehand directly through the Icelandic Embassy.
This system was put in place to ensure that documentation is correctly submitted. It has helped to reduce the number of people that are refused entry due to incorrect information. Once you have completed your application, it takes a minimum of 15 days to process it.
Iceland Visa Application Process for Indians
To ensure you get your documentation in time, we advise you to follow the process listed below to make sure that your Iceland tourist visa for Indians arrives well in advance:
- First, you need to visit the country’s immigration online portal where you can complete the application.
- Enter the following details into the form:
- Full name, gender and date of birth.
- Place of birth and nationality.
- Current country of residence.
- Passport number, issue and expiry date, issuing country.
- Proof of financial means including employment details.
- Type of visa (single, double or multiple entry).
- Dates of the expected travel.
- Print the form and take it to the nearest application centre; this information will be made available to you when you complete your application online.
Iceland Visa Requirements for Indians
There are several conditions that you need to adhere to when applying for travel certification. These are as follows:
- You must have a passport that is valid for at least 3 months after you leave the Schengen zone.
- Your passport must have 2 blank pages for the visa and have been issued within the last 10 years.
- When you submit your application to the application centre, you must supply a colour passport photograph on a white background that is less than 6 months old and measures 3.5×4.5cm.
- You must have travel insurance in place to be able to get a visa and evidence of this needs to be supplied with your application.
- You have to provide proof of your travel and accommodation bookings for the duration of your stay.
- You also need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the trip by supplying payslips and employment details with your application.
Iceland Visa Fees for Indians
The Iceland visa cost for Indians is currently 6240 INR, and this fee must be paid when you submit your application. To pay, you need to supply a valid payment method that can be authorised when you submit your documents. This can be a valid debit or credit card.
Indians Travelling to Iceland Flight Details
There is only 1 international airport for you to land at and that is Keflavik Airport located in Sandgerði. As this is where all international flights land, you will be pleased to know that there are robust travel links that can take you to your accommodation.
The quickest flight from India to Iceland takes around 13 and a half hours, but it is well worth the journey when you get to explore all this country has to offer such as the Blue Lagoon or the Gullfoss Falls.
India Consulate in Iceland
Should you need to contact the consulate when you are on vacation then it can be found at the following address in Reykjavik:
Indian Embassy in Reykjavik,
The embassy can also be contacted via the following telephone number: (+354) 534 9955.
Commonly Asked Questions for Tourists
Here at Byevisa, we know that there are many facets to organising a holiday and so we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions below to help you with your planning.
How Long Does it Take to Process My Application?
Once you have submitted your application and paid the required fee, you can expect to be informed if you have been accepted or refused entry within 15 days. Where there are delays due to insufficient information, you will be notified and asked to supply everything that is missing to continue with the application.
How Many Indians Live in Iceland?
If you are hoping to meet other Indians in Iceland that have made the country their home, then you are likely to be disappointed. Currently, less than 500 Indians are living in Iceland. The reason for this is likely to be the high cost of living and the low level of job vacancies needing to be filled.
Is Iceland Safe for Indians?
Yes, this country is deemed to be one of the safest places to visit in the world, and this comes down to the incredibly low crime rate. However, you will need to be aware of the weather conditions when you are moving around the country as these can be potentially dangerous for inexperienced tourists.
More Information on Visiting Iceland
If you need any further information on how to apply, then click here for our visit Iceland page and our ETIAS Iceland page here. We hope that you enjoy your trip to the land of glaciers and volcanos, and are happy to help if you have any further questions!