Many tourists visit Bulgaria every year to experience the beautiful beach resorts and to see the historic capital, Sofia. If you are an Indian national planning to visit this European destination on your next vacation, you need to know about the appropriate travel authorisation to permit you to enter the country.
Indian citizens must obtain a visa from the Bulgaria embassy in India to be permitted entry on arrival. Byevisa has compiled all the information that you need to make your application. Read on to learn more.
- 1 Do Indians Need a Visa for Bulgaria?
- 2 What Are the Bulgaria Visa Fees for Indians?
- 3 What Are the Bulgaria Visa Requirements for Indians?
- 4 Is There a Bulgaria Visa on Arrival or e-Visa for Indians?
- 5 How to Get a Visa for Bulgaria for Indians
- 6 How Long is the Bulgaria Tourist Visa for Indians Valid?
- 7 Facts About the Bulgaria Visa for Vacation for Indians
- 8 More Details About Visiting Bulgaria
Do Indians Need a Visa for Bulgaria?
The vast majority of Indian citizens are required to obtain a tourist visa if they are to be permitted entry into Bulgaria as a holidaymaker.
However, there are a few exceptions. If you already hold a visa for 2 or multiple entries to Schengen Area Member States, or a Schengen Area Member State long-stay visa or resident permit, you don’t need to obtain a tourist visa. Holders of diplomatic or official passports are also exempt from tourist travel authorisation requirements.
Everyone else holding a standard Indian passport needs to make their application and obtain a visa before they travel.
What Are the Bulgaria Visa Fees for Indians?
There is a government fee to pay that varies depending on your age:
- A fee of 60 EUR (67.75 USD) for adults.
- A fee of 35 EUR (39.50 USD) for children aged 6-12 years old.
What Are the Bulgaria Visa Requirements for Indians?
When you’re making your application, you need to supply certain supporting documentation. This includes:
- A passport that will remain valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond your intended length of stay with at least 2 blank pages.
- A completed application form.
- A colour passport photo.
- A travel insurance certificate.
- A return flight ticket and proof of your accommodation during your stay.
- Medical insurance that is valid for the length of your stay and with a validity of 30,000 euros (33,860.50 USD) or more
- Proof that you can support yourself during your stay. A minimum of 50 euros (56.50 USD) per day will be required or a minimum amount of 500 euros (564.25 USD) for your whole trip.
- Copy of current passport’s first page.
- For minors, a birth certificate must be supplied along with parental notarised consent for minors travelling alone or with just 1 parent or a third party.
Is There a Bulgaria Visa on Arrival or e-Visa for Indians?
No, there is no e-Visa or Visa on Arrival option for Indians travelling to Bulgaria. Therefore you need to apply before your trip.
How to Get a Visa for Bulgaria for Indians
You need to download an application form and complete it by entering your personal information and details including:
- Your name (first name and surname).
- Your birth date and place of birth.
- Marital status.
- Occupation and employment details.
- Address of your accommodation during your stay.
- Passport information.
- Your nationality.
- Your home address and email address.
- Your telephone number.
- The dates of your trip.
When you have completed all of the necessary details, get together the required documentation and submit it to your local Bulgarian consulate along with the appropriate fee of 60 EUR (67.75 USD) for adults or 35 EUR (39.50 USD) for children aged 6-12.
How Long is the Bulgaria Tourist Visa for Indians Valid?
The short-stay Bulgarian tourist visa remains valid for stays of up to 90 days within a 6-month period. It permits the holder to enter the country once, twice or multiple times.
Facts About the Bulgaria Visa for Vacation for Indians
We hope that you now have all the information you require to apply for your short-stay travel authorisation for your Bulgarian vacation. However, if you need more answers, read on to discover some commonly asked questions.
Do Indians Travelling to Bulgaria in Transit Need A Visa?
Most Indian travellers who are arriving in a Bulgarian airport with a layover on their way to another destination will require a transit authorisation to be permitted entry. This Transit Visa allows for 1 or 2 entries to the country (in exceptional circumstances, 3 may be granted). Each stay is for a maximum of 2 days and the validity period is 1 year. Holders of Schengen travel authorisations or permits do not need to obtain a transit document.
How Do I Contact the India Consulate in Bulgaria?
In the unlikely event that you experience a problem during your Bulgarian vacation, you may need to know how to contact the Indian embassy. The information is as follows:
4 Alfred Nobel Street,
Geo Milev, Sofia 1113,
Telephone number: +359 2 963 56 75
Fax: +359 2 963 56 86
The opening hours are Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5:30 pm. The office is closed on weekends and public holidays and on weekdays between 1:30 pm and 2 pm.
How Many Indians Live in Bulgaria?
Bulgaria has a small Indian population. Only around 150 Indians are currently living in Bulgaria, but many more visit here on vacation every year.
How to Call Bulgaria From India
There are a few situations in which you may need to know how to call a Bulgarian telephone number from India. For example, you may need to speak with your tour operator or hotel before you arrive, or your friends or family may need to speak with you while you’re on holiday. You should follow this process:
- Dial the 00 exit code. This enables you to make a call outside India.
- Dial 359 – this is the Bulgarian country code.
- Dial the local telephone number.
More Details About Visiting Bulgaria
Hopefully, after reading the above information you now have all the essential details about the different Bulgaria visa types for Indians visiting on holiday. However, we know that sometimes there will be other queries that you have ahead of your trip. You can find out more by going to our Bulgaria visa page or our visit Bulgaria page too.