Imagine stepping onto the ground in the richest country in all of Central Asia! That’s exactly what you will be doing when you head off on vacation. There is no current way to apply for a Kazakhstan e-Visa for Indians, but we have collated all the information you need to make a successful application for your Kazakhstan tourist visa as an Indian passport holder.
Here at Byevisa, we want to make this process easy to understand. We are experts in these processes, and you can depend on us to keep you updated on the simplest way to gain access to this country as a tourist. Since there is no Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival for Indians, you are required to apply directly and submit your paperwork to the Kazakhstan Embassy in India.
- 1 Visa Application Process for Indian Travellers
- 2 Visa for Indian Nationals – Requirements
- 3 How Long Will My Kazakhstan Visa Be Valid?
- 4 How Much Is the Kazakhstan Visa for Indians?
- 5 Flight Times for Indians Travelling to Kazakhstan
- 6 India Consulate in Kazakhstan
- 7 Visa FAQs for Indians
- 8 Full Information on Travelling to Kazakhstan
Visa Application Process for Indian Travellers
To apply for a Kazakhstan tourist visa for Indian nationals, you need to follow a range of steps as detailed below:
- Complete your application form, including the following details:
- Full name and address.
- Date and place of birth.
- Nationality and country of current residence.
- Passport number, issue and expiry date.
- Take your passport (with at least 3 months’ validity from the expiry date of your visa), application form and required documents to the nearest Kazakhstan Embassy in India for processing. You will need to pay the required fee at the bank beforehand.
- Return to collect your brand new visa when you receive confirmation that it is ready.
Visa for Indian Nationals – Requirements
When you go to the embassy, you need to provide the following required documents for your application to be successful:
- Completed application form.
- Your passport, which must have at least 2 blank pages to receive the stamp and must not expire for at least 3 months after the date your visa expires.
- A copy of the first page of your passport.
- A copy of your India Identity Card.
- 1 colour passport-size photo, 3.5 x 4.5cm.
- Complete trip itinerary.
- Complete accommodation information (hotel booking confirmations, etc.)
- An invitation letter of visa support, approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- Confirmation of visa payment (bank slip).
These Kazakhstan visa requirements for Indians are essential if you want your application to progress in a smooth and timely manner.
How Long Will My Kazakhstan Visa Be Valid?
You have 2 options:
- Single Entry pass, to visit 1 time for up to 30 days.
- Multiple Entry pass, to visit multiple times over a 90-day period, but only for up to a combined total of 30 days in the country.
How Much Is the Kazakhstan Visa for Indians?
If you want to know how much the Kazakhstan visa cost for Indians is then, currently, fees are 60.00 USD for Single Entry and 90.00 USD for Multiple Entry.
Please keep in mind that you do not pay the fee at the embassy. Instead, you need to go to the bank and deposit the amount into the bank account of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in New Delhi. Make sure to get the bank slip that confirms your deposit and add it to your application documents.
Flight Times for Indians Travelling to Kazakhstan
The flight from India to Kazakhstan only takes around 4.5 hours, making it a great place to go on vacation. There are 3 main international airports across the country: Almaty International Airport, Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport and Shymkent International Airport.
There has been a lot of money invested in the tourism industry in this country, and it is currently worth nearly 4 billion USD every year. This value comes from the range of sightseeing options and accommodation for tourists.
India Consulate in Kazakhstan
If you need to contact your embassy when you are on vacation, the embassy at Nur-Sultan can be found at:
Kaskad Business Center,
Kabanbai Batyr Avenue,
It is open from 10 am to 12.30 pm, 7 days a week. If you have an emergency, you can contact them on +77012207603.
Visa FAQs for Indians
When it comes to getting all the information you need for your trip, then we have collated a range of frequently asked questions so that you can travel with peace of mind. Take a look through to make sure you have everything you need for your trip.
How Many Indians Live in Kazakhstan?
There are around 3,000 Indians living in Kazakhstan at this time, and this group is made up of people who have moved there for work. You can expect to receive a warm welcome when visiting this country and if you meet anyone that has moved there for work, you can expect them to share their love of the country and even suggest good places for you to visit.
Is Kazakhstan Safe for Indians?
Indian tourists do not need to worry about their safety as this country is incredibly secure. The locals take pride in making you feel welcome, and the low crime rate will leave you feeling happy about going out and about.
Do Indians Need a Transit Visa for Kazakhstan?
If you are transiting through this country you can, as an Indian national, take advantage of the 72 hours visa-free option that allows you to enter the country as long as you can prove onward travel to a third country. This option makes it possible to stay in a local hotel without a visa rather than spending your time stuck in the airport.
To benefit from this you need to:
- Let the airline staff know in the airport you depart from and register with the border security station when you land in the country.
If you are landing in Astana or Almaty, you have to book your accommodation before you go and share this information with your airline before departure.
- When you register, you need to show your ticket or boarding pass, your passport with a blank page in it, your boarding pass from your previous flight and your visa for your final destination (if applicable).
Full Information on Travelling to Kazakhstan
If you need any further information on the processes you need to undertake to get your travel authorised then visit our Kazakhstan visa page here. We have also collated a range of links for you to check out when looking up travel to this country, so click here to go to our visit Kazakhstan page.