Visiting Malaysia is a dream of many tourists, and it’s no surprise when you consider that it is home to Kuala Lumpur as well as magnificent coral reefs and breathtaking landscapes. When travelling to this country, you need to organise a Malaysia eVisa for Pakistanis to gain entry when you touch down.
Byevisa is here to help! While you cannot apply for your travel authorisation through our dedicated service at this time, you can read on to find out how to get the documentation you need to enjoy your holiday to this beautiful country.
- 1 Do Pakistani Need a Visa For Malaysia?
- 2 Malaysia Visa for Pakistani Nationals – Application Process
- 3 Malaysia Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
- 4 Malaysia Visa Fee for Pakistani Nationals
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions – Malaysia Tourist Visa for Pakistan
- 6 Malaysia Tourist Visa for Pakistani Citizens – Full Information
Do Pakistani Need a Visa For Malaysia?
When it comes to organising your Malaysian travel authorisation, you can apply for a Single Entry eVisa that allows for a visit of up to 30 days within its 90-day validity period. You cannot apply for an extension, but you can apply for a new visa every 3 months if you want to return to the country.
You can obtain this travel pass using the simple online e-Visa process, which is the most popular way of organising travel authorisations for visits to this country.
Malaysia Visa for Pakistani Nationals – Application Process
If you are ready to apply for your Malaysia visa for Pakistani travellers, then you need to provide the following information:
- Your personal details, including place of birth and current residence.
- Your email address and phone number.
- A scanned copy of your passport with 6 months validity from your arrival date.
- A recent electronic or scanned passport photo (5cm x 3.5cm).
- Proof of your flight and accommodation booking, such as a PDF.
- Scanned copy of your bank statements covering the last 3 months.
- Scanned copy of your Pakistani ID card.
If you are travelling with children, you need to supply a copy of their birth certificate as well to be able to get them a travel authorisation.
Malaysia Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
Getting a Malaysia visa for Pakistani passport holders comes with some specific requirements that we have detailed below to make your application process as smoothly as possible:
- Your application should be submitted between 2 – 3 weeks before you want to travel to Malaysia, as you may be required to attend an interview at the embassy before your application can be processed and approved.
- When you get your travel authorisation email, you must print it out and take it with you when you travel. You must show your eVisa documentation on entry and exit, and a digital version will not be accepted.
- Your passport must have at least 2 blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- You may need to provide further evidence to support your application. If your application requires more information, you can expect to be informed of what documentation you need to provide and where to take it for processing.
Please note that if you currently live in Singapore or Malaysia, you will not be able to apply for this type of travel authorisation and will need to visit the embassy to get your application completed.
Malaysia Visa Fee for Pakistani Nationals
The Malaysia e-Visa fee for Pakistani citizens currently stands at 45.50 USD. You are required to make this payment before your application can be processed.
Frequently Asked Questions – Malaysia Tourist Visa for Pakistan
We hope that you have all the information you now need to help you arrange the right travel authorisation for your trip. We understand that you may have other questions that need answering, so we have listed some of the most asked questions below along with the answers you need.
Can I Transit Through the Country Without a Visa?
The rules around the Malaysia transit visa for Pakistani tourists are that you can gain a free transit pass if you have a current visa or residence proof in Australia, Taiwan, Japan, China, United States, South Korea or New Zealand. If you have this, then you can enter and exit the country from the low-cost carrier terminal or the main terminal.
If you do not have the documents listed above, then you can transit for a total of 24 hours at Kuala Lumpur International Airport but cannot switch terminals to do so. If you want to change terminals, you will need to arrange a visa to do so.
Is Malaysia Safe for Pakistani Nationals?
Travelling to Malaysia is a relatively safe place to visit, but there are some areas you should take special care in. For example, you are at greater risk of encountering pickpockets when you are in built-up city areas and should take precautions by ensuring there is nothing kept in your pockets that is of any value.
It is also worth remembering that, while the country is multicultural, it is built on the foundations of the Muslim faith. Therefore, it’s essential to show respect to the local traditions and the customs of the country in order to enjoy your trip to the fullest.
Can I Fly Direct to Malaysia from Pakistan?
There are no flights that go directly from Pakistan to Malaysia at this point in time. Instead, you will need to arrange a flight with one or more stops and can expect the travel time to take around 24 hours in total.
How Do I Get Emergency Help When I Am in Malaysia?
If you have an emergency when you are on vacation and require help from the emergency services, then you will need to dial 999 from any phone to get help.
If you need help from the Pakistani Embassy when you are away, then you can contact them at:
132 Jalan Ampang
Or call them on +6 03 2161 8877 79
Malaysia Tourist Visa for Pakistani Citizens – Full Information
If you want to read more about getting the right travel authorisations for Malaysia before you head off, then click here. You can also check our visit Malaysia page here. If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch!