If you need to organise a visa for Mongolia from Australia, but do not know where to start, you have come to the right place. To help you navigate this process, we have shared the steps and explained the processes you need to take before you visit this country.
As well as helping you work out the Mongolia – Australia visa process, we have also shared the answers to some of your most frequently asked questions so that you can plan your next holiday with confidence.
- 1 Do Australian Citizens Need a Visa for Mongolia?
- 2 Completing the Mongolian Visa Application for Australian Tourists
- 3 Requirements for the Mongolia Tourist Visa for Australian Citizens
- 4 Mongolia Visa Cost From Australia
- 5 Mongolia Visa From Australia FAQs
- 6 Get More Information About Travelling to Mongolia
Do Australian Citizens Need a Visa for Mongolia?
Yes, if you are heading to this country on holiday, then you need to apply for the Mongolia tourist visa for Australian citizens. The application process involves applying before you travel, at least 3 months before your confirmed travel dates. You can visit for a maximum of 30 days via a Single Entry visa.
Completing the Mongolian Visa Application for Australian Tourists
When it comes to filling out your application for a Mongolian visa for Australian citizens, you need to download the form from the embassy website and fill in the following details:
- Your first name, middle name(s) and surname.
- Your nationality and place of birth.
- Your date of birth.
- Current marital status.
- Occupation and work address (or educational establishment address if you’re a student).
- Home address, telephone number and email address.
- Emergency contact details (name and contact number).
- Passport type, passport number and issue and expiry date.
- If you have previously visited Mongolia or whether you have any contacts in Mongolia.
- Holiday accommodation details.
- Your purpose for travelling.
Once you have completed the application form for your Australia visa to Mongolia, you must send it to the Mongolian embassy for processing along with the following documents:
- Your current passport with 6 months validity from your intended exit date from Mongolia.
- A photocopy of your passport data page.
- Passport photo (3 cm x 4 cm) that has been stapled or glued to the application form.
- Visa fee.
- A self-addressed prepaid envelope, for your document returns.
- Hotel and flight booking references.
- Invitation letter from the person that has invited you to stay (if applicable).
If you are under 18, then you also need to adhere to these additional requirements:
- You need to supply a letter from your parents that grants approval for you to stay in the country.
- You also need to show you have sufficient funds to fund your trip.
- You will need to share who you are going to be travelling with.
- You must supply the contact details of your parents.
- You must also provide a copy of your birth certificate.
Requirements for the Mongolia Tourist Visa for Australian Citizens
To pass through border control with your Mongolian tourist visa, local officials require you to adhere to the following requirements:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- You must have at least 2 blank pages in your passport for official stamps.
- You must show immigration officials your proof of onward travel and accommodation details.
By adhering to these requirements, you can pass through immigration checks quickly and begin your holiday without any issues.
Mongolia Visa Cost From Australia
When applying for your Australia visitor visa, Mongolian visa officials expect you to pay your fee prior to processing your request. The current fee is 160 USD and must be paid as part of your application. Officials are not able to process your application until they have received full payment.
Mongolia Visa From Australia FAQs
Now you know how to get your Australia visa to Mongolia, you may have other questions that you need to have answered to help you prepare for your trip. To help, we have collated some of the most commonly asked questions and their answers so that you can feel confident about your plans.
Who Do I Need to Call if There is an Emergency When I Am Away?
It is rare to need emergency assistance when you are on holiday, but if you do find yourself in a situation that requires emergency support, then you should call one of the following numbers:
- Fire & Rescue Emergencies – call 101 from any phone.
- Medical Emergencies – call 103 from any phone.
- Police Emergencies – call 102 from any phone.
If you require urgent support from your insurance provider, then you should have an emergency 24-hour helpline number included on your policy documents.
How Safe Is It to Travel to Mongolia?
When you travel abroad, you should always take sensible safety precautions and remember that customs and local laws are different from your home country.
To avoid being the victim of pickpocketing, it is wise to avoid carrying valuables in pockets and handbags. It is also sensible to not go to unlit places at night-time or venture away from locations that you know. If you have a tourist guide, they can help you understand the best locations to enjoy when you are on holiday.
Can I Take My Medications With Me on Holiday?
To be able to take any prescription medications with you on your trip, pack only what you need to cover your stay, as well as a copy of your prescription. You also need to provide a certified letter from your doctor that stipulates what the medicine is, how much you need and that it is prescribed for personal use only.
How Long Is the Flight to Mongolia From Australia?
The journey time to this country is variable as there are not many non-stop flights, meaning you can expect a layover. However, the average time that most people spend travelling to this destination is just over 15 hours.
Get More Information About Travelling to Mongolia
If you want even more quality information about travelling to Mongolia, then we have a Mongolia information page that you can visit. Just click here to access the page and enjoy finding out even more about your next travel destination.