When you are going to Myanmar, you are sure to have lots of things to organise, and finding out if you need a Myanmar visa for Australian tourists is probably at the top of your list. Fortunately, we have collated the information you need so that you can arrange your trip and get the answers to some of the most important questions before you set off.
Do I Need A Myanmar Visa for Australia Tourists?
Yes, you need a Myanmar visitor visa for Australian citizens to be given permission to enter this country for the duration of your holiday.
The great news is that you can get a Myanmar eVisa for Australian travellers from Byevisa that is valid for 90 days from the date it is issued and gives you the ability to stay in the country for 28 days as a tourist, or 70 days if you are travelling for business purposes and have an invitation that proves the need to stay in the country.
How Do I Apply for a Myanmar Visa as an Australian Passport Holder?
The Myanmar visa from Australia can be obtained by completing a simple online application. Byevisa asks you to complete the following in order to process your application:
- The type of authorisation you require, tourist or business.
- Your full name.
- An email address (this is where we send your approved authorisation).
- The dates of your trip; arrival and departure.
- A contact number we can use to call you.
- Your date of birth and gender.
- The country you were born in and the country you currently reside in.
- Your nationality.
- Passport details to include your passport number, issue date and expiry date.
- The port you are due to arrive at.
- A valid credit/debit card or PayPal account.
You also need to upload a colour scan of your passport details page for checking and a colour passport photo that has been taken within the last 3 months and that shows only you with no accessories on your face or head. The photo must be 4.6 cm x 3.8 cm.
Myanmar Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens
Before you are able to use your Myanmar eVisa, Australia tourists must adhere to the following requirements when you arrive in the country:
- Your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity from the date you enter the country.
- You need at least 1 blank page in your passport for the entry stamp which is 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches.
- You must print at least 1 copy of your eVisa to show when you arrive.
- Byevisa also recommends that you take proof of onward travel and accommodation details in case it is asked for at the immigration desk.
How Much Does it Cost for an Australia Visit Visa to Myanmar?
To get a Myanmar business or Myanmar tourist visa, Australian citizens need to pay the following fee to cover the application:
- Tourist – 50.00 USD
- Business – 70.00 USD
In addition to the fees listed, you are also required to pay a nominal charge to Byevisa for processing your application. We understand that some people may need their authorisations quicker than others and so we have 3 different processing speeds for you to choose from:
- Standard – 3 business day delivery for a 25.00 USD fee.
- Rapid – 2 business day delivery for a 55.00 USD fee.
- Highly Rapid – 12 hour delivery for an 85.00 USD fee.
You simply select the processing speed you want, then checkout your order and we start processing it on your behalf.
Answers to Your Travel Questions
While you now have all the information on travel authorisations, you can expect to have other questions that you need to have answered before you travel. We have addressed some of the most commonly asked questions below to help you plan in advance.
Do I Need to Get an eVisa for Minors?
Yes, if you are taking a child with you, then you need to pay a Myanmar e-Visa for Australian minors to enter the country. You can apply for this by entering their details as another traveller on the Byevisa site and then pay for all the authorisations you need in one go so that your documentation can be processed together.
If your child is under 7 years of age and is on your passport, then you still need to apply for their authorisation but as part of your application instead, so there is no additional cost.
Are There Any Local Customs I Need to Be Aware Of?
The people in this country are very friendly, and you can expect to receive a warm welcome when you arrive. It is important to note that tapping or touching someone on the top of their head is seen to be offensive.
Myanmar also has very strong religious and cultural traditions, and as such, you are expected to avoid sleeveless tops and shorts when you are in the country. This is especially important when you visit religious sites. You are also expected to take off shoes and socks if you wish to enter any religious sites as part of your trip.
Which Ports Can I Enter With an e-Visa?
To enter the county with your electronic authorisation, you must ensure that you arrive at one of the following ports:
- Air – Yangon International Airport
- Air – Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Air – Mandalay International Airport
- Land – Kawthaung Border
- Land – Tachileik Border
- Land – Rihkhawdar Border
- Land – Tamu Border
Get Further Information Here
Furthermore, you can learn more about this Southeast Asian country on our visit Myanmar page here.
All the information provided by Byevisa is there to help you plan your next adventure with ease. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to get in touch!