Planning an exciting trip to the land of the Kiwi people? You need to arrange all the right paperwork before you go. To help, we have collated all the requirements for the New Zealand visa for Canadians, giving you access to all the latest information in one place.
Byevisa is an excellent source of detailed travel information. Once you are clear on how to go about getting your visa for New Zealand from Canada, you can then take some time to find out some of the most commonly asked questions.
- 1 Do Canadian Citizens Need a Visa to Visit New Zealand?
- 2 How to Apply for a New Zealand Visitor Visa From Canada
- 3 New Zealand Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
- 4 How Much Does An Application Cost?
- 5 New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Canada
- 6 Your Questions Answered
- 7 More Travel information to New Zealand
Do Canadian Citizens Need a Visa to Visit New Zealand?
If you are looking to find out do you need a visa to visit New Zealand from Canada then you should be pleased to find out that there is a NZ visa waiver in place if you are travelling for up to 90 days. This allows you to explore this incredible island country without any lengthy applications.
However, instead of a New Zealand visitor visa, Canada tourists need to get hold of a NZ Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) that is valid for 2 years and gives you Multiple Entry access.
How to Apply for a New Zealand Visitor Visa From Canada
Even though you do not need a Canada to New Zealand visa, you need to apply for your NZeTA to gain access to the country. To make this as simple as possible, you can apply for your NZeTA through Byevisa and have it delivered straight to your email inbox ready for your travels.
First, you need to complete an online application with the following information:
- Your full name.
- A valid email address and contact phone number.
- Dates of your trip.
- Your gender and date of birth.
- The city and country you were born in.
- Your nationality.
- Your current country of residence.
- Your passport number and its issue/expiry dates.
- The country that issued your passport.
- Your national ID number.
- Any other names that you are known by.
- Your reason for travelling.
- Whether you have ever been deported from another country.
- Whether you have ever been refused entry to the country before.
- Whether you have a criminal record or not.
Once you have completed the application form, you need to submit and pay for your application so that Byevisa can get to work on processing it for you.
New Zealand Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Once you have completed your New Zealand visa application, Canadian tourists need to ensure that they meet the following requirements to be given entry to the country:
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date you arrive.
- You must have at least 1 blank passport page for your entry stamp.
- Proof of onward travel that is dated for the end of your holiday.
- Evidence that you can afford your stay – 1000 NZD per person if you have not paid for your accommodation or 400 NZD if you have.
How Much Does An Application Cost?
When you apply for an NZeTA, you are expected to pay for the document, an International Visitor and Tourism Levy (IVL) and a small processing fee. The breakdown of these costs are as follows:
- NZeTA & IVL – 47 USD
When it comes to processing, we offer 3 different options depending on how quickly you need it.
New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Canada
If you are 18 – 35 years of age and want to stay in this country between 12 and 23 months, then you can apply for a working holiday visa. There are some specific conditions that you must adhere to if you want to apply for this type of authorisation:
- You must be a citizen of Canada.
- You must have 4200 NZD to cover your living costs.
- You can only study or train for a maximum of 6 months.
- You can work when you are in the country, but only for the maximum time that is specified on your visa.
- You cannot accept a permanent job.
- You are not able to take children with you on this type of authorisation.
- If you apply for a 23-month stay, you need to provide a General Medical Certificate.
Your Questions Answered
Now you are confident about getting your ETA, you probably have other questions that you want to have answered before the start of your trip. To help, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions so that you can feel fully prepared to enjoy your amazing holiday.
Can I Access Quality Healthcare?
Yes, the standards of healthcare in this country are excellent so you can expect to receive a very high level of care. However, you should make sure that you have up to date travel insurance that gives you full medical cover in the event of illness or accident.
How Can I Access Emergency Support When I Am Away?
If you need consular support when you are away, then the Canadian embassy is located in Wellington, and they are able to help you with emergency travel documents should you lose yours. If you need urgent support from emergency services, then you should call 111 from any phone to be connected to a call handler that can help you.
How Long is the Flight to This Destination?
The average flight time takes around 20 hours, and you can expect to land in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown, or Dunedin.
Many flights include a stopover and so your total fight time depends on whether you have a direct flight or, if you have a layover, how long you are grounded for before you take off again.
More Travel information to New Zealand
If you need further information about travelling to this destination then just click here to be taken to our dedicated NZ visa page. You can find lots more country-specific information and gain access to resources that can help you plan a memorable holiday. Also, our visit NZ page is here too for you.