Canadian citizens keen to travel on a Russian holiday will need to know about the Russian visa for Canadian citizens. There are many fascinating destinations to explore in Russia, including St Petersburg and Moscow. However, if you’re planning to visit you’ll need to ensure that you’ve obtained the appropriate tourist travel authorisation.
Fortunately, Byevisa is your online authority when it comes to applying for travel authorisations, so you can rely on us to give you all the essential information you need when it comes to planning for your upcoming trip.
- 1 Do I Need a Russian Visa for Canadian Citizens?
- 2 Is There an Online Russian Visa for Canadian Citizens?
- 3 What is the Russian Visa From Canada Cost?
- 4 How to Get a Russian Visa in Canada
- 5 What Are the Russian Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
- 6 What Is the Tourist Confirmation for a Russian Visa Application in Canada?
- 7 What Are the Requirements for the Tourist Confirmation?
- 8 What Is the Validity Period of a Visa to Russia for Canadian Citizens?
- 9 Russian Travel Visa for Canadian Travellers FAQs
- 10 More Information About the Russian Visa
Do I Need a Russian Visa for Canadian Citizens?
If you wish to enter the country as a Canadian tourist, you need to apply for travel authorisation in order to be permitted legal entry. This must be done before setting off on your trip.
Is There an Online Russian Visa for Canadian Citizens?
Although the Russian authorities have put in place an eVisa application system for citizens of certain countries, currently Canadians cannot benefit from this option.
It is likely that it will be introduced soon and, as soon as the eVisa is available, Byevisa can offer this convenient online application process to speed up your ability to obtain the necessary documentation before you travel. At the moment though, you must make your application using a traditional application form via the local embassy.
What is the Russian Visa From Canada Cost?
The Russian tourist visa for Canadian citizens costs a different amount depending on which option you select. A Single Entry authorisation costs 84 USD. A Double Entry authorisation costs 134 USD, and a Multiple Entry authorisation costs 251 USD.
How to Get a Russian Visa in Canada
To obtain your Russian tourist visa Canada you must complete an application form and send it to your local Russian consulate or embassy along with the required documentation and the necessary fee.
What Are the Russian Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
In order to obtain your Russian travel authorisation there are several requirements to comply with. These include supplying:
- A completed application form. This must be printed on a single sheet of paper.
- A photograph glued to the application form.
- A valid passport with 2 blank pages and 6 months validity remaining after your departure date.
- A photocopy of your passport information pages.
- A tourist confirmation.
What Is the Tourist Confirmation for a Russian Visa Application in Canada?
The tourist confirmation is part of the necessary travel authorisation documentation. This letter confirms that you are invited to visit Russia as a tourist and that you are staying in a hotel or apartment during your visit.
Byevisa can help you to obtain this essential tourist confirmation. All you need to do is complete the online application form, choose how quickly you need to obtain your document, pay the necessary fee and then you receive your paperwork via email. You can then print out the document and take it on holiday with you to show to the immigration authorities.
What Are the Requirements for the Tourist Confirmation?
To obtain your tourist confirmation from Byevisa you need to supply:
- Your passport information.
- Your accommodation information.
- Your travel dates.
- Information about the cities you’re planning to visit during your stay.
What Is the Validity Period of a Visa to Russia for Canadian Citizens?
Your travel authorisation allows you to stay in the country for a period of up to 30 days.
Russian Travel Visa for Canadian Travellers FAQs
We hope we’ve helped you by providing sufficient information for you to make your application. However, if you need further answers, read on to learn more about this travel authorisation.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Russian Visa in Canada?
You should apply for your Russian travel authorisation in Canada at least 5 working days before you set off on your trip. Don’t forget, though, that you also need to obtain your tourist confirmation. When you apply for this with Byevisa we can offer you 3 different processing speeds to suit your needs:
- If you choose the Standard processing speed, you can receive your document emailed to you within 24 hours.
- If you opt for the Rapid processing speed, it is emailed to you in just 6 hours.
- If you need your paperwork in a hurry, you can opt for the Highly Rapid processing speed. This sees your document sent to you within as little as just 30 minutes.
Is There a Russian Transit Visa for Canadian Citizens?
If you’re a Canadian citizen who is transiting through a Russian airport on your way to another destination, you need to make an advance application for a Transit Visa. This document can be applied for by sending a completed application form to your local consulate or embassy and supplying the required documents including:
- A photograph.
- Your valid passport with 2 blank pages.
- A photocopy of your passport’s information pages.
- A letter explaining who is travelling, where and when.
- A visa for the country that you are heading to as your final destination.
- A copy of your aeroplane tickets or a reservation with a confirmed flight booking.
If you aren’t leaving the airport terminal, you will not need a Transit document. This document remains valid for up to 72 hours in the country.
How to Call Russia From Canada
If you need to call your hotel or travel provider in Russia, you’ll need to know how to place a call from Canada. Simply follow this procedure:
- Dial 011 – this is the exit code.
- Dial 7 – this is the country code.
- Dial the area code.
- Dial the number you wish to contact.
What Are the Russian Visa Photo Requirements for Canada Citizens?
Your photograph must measure 33 mm x 45 mm. It must be clear and well-defined. It must also be taken against a light-coloured or white background.
More Information About the Russian Visa
With the information we’ve provided we hope you are now ready to apply for your travel authorisation and the essential tourist confirmation document that you require. For any further advice, check out our Russian visas page here and our visit Russia page here.