Bangladesh passport holders are required to obtain a visa for travel to the UK. However, you may be pleased to know that Bangladesh travellers are eligible to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa.
It is a straightforward process to obtain one. Plus, this travel document permits multiple visits into the country for a period of up to 186 days total, so you’ll have more time to uncover the UK’s vast amount of culture and heritage.
The UK is a popular tourist destination with many sights to enjoy, from the bustling streets of capital city London to important prehistoric landmarks such as Stonehenge. If you’re excited to explore all the country has to offer, you’ll want to read up on the requirements for travel first.
Read on for everything you need to know about the UK visit visa from Bangladesh!
About the UK Visa for Bangladeshis
Citizens of Bangladesh are required to obtain a visa for travel to the UK. The good news is, if you’re visiting for the following reasons, you are eligible for the Standard Visitor Visa:
- Visiting for tourist purposes, for example on a holiday or to visit a relative.
- Visiting for business purposes, for example attending a meeting or a conference.
- Visiting for short term education, to take part in research or an academic exchange programme.
- Visiting for medical reasons, for example, to receive private hospital treatment.
The standard cost for your travel pass is 136 USD, and it will enable you to stay in the country for a total of 186 days. It is valid for Multiple Entries, so you can exit and enter the country repeatedly using 1 visa (so long as you’re visiting within the 186 days).
If you want to stay in the country beyond 186 days, then you’ll need to enquire about an extension at the embassy. You can’t switch from a Standard Visitor Visa to another type of travel pass, and you can only extend your stay for specific reasons.
If you’re not eligible for an extension or you want to switch visas, for example, so you can take part in work or longer-term study, you’ll need to leave the country and make a new application.
Steps for the UK Visa Application From Bangladesh
If you need a travel authorisation, you must apply online before you come to the UK. Byevisa do not currently offer this service, but you can apply through the gov.uk website. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before your intended date of travel.
As part of your application, you’ll need to book an appointment at a visa application centre to prove your identity and provide your documents. It’s a good idea to leave plenty of time to attend your appointment, as the visa application centre could be in another country and may keep your passport and documents while processing your application.
When you are ready to submit your application for a travel pass, depending on your circumstances, you may need to provide the following supporting evidence:
- Evidence of your intention to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- Confirmation that you’re not intending to live here or stay beyond your authorised visit.
- Proof that you’re able to support yourself and pay for your return or onward journey via adequate funds in your bank account.
- Proof of medical procedures, business meetings or other activities you want to do in the country.
As part of your application, you must provide a passport or travel document. Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay and contain a minimum of 2 blank pages.
UK Visa Requirements for Bangladeshis
When making your application online, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Your travel dates, including when you’re planning to start your journey.
- The details of where you’re staying while in the country.
- An estimation of how much you think your trip will cost.
- Your home address in Bangladesh and how long you’ve lived there.
- Your parents’ details, including names and dates of birth.
- Details of your annual salary (if applicable).
- Further information on criminal offences you may have committed.
You might also need to provide:
- More information on your travel history dating back 10 years.
- Details of your employer, including address and telephone number.
- Information about your partner, including name, date of birth and passport number.
- The details of the person paying for your trip (if applicable), including name and address.
- If you have family in the UK, their names, addresses and passport numbers.
Once you’ve submitted your application online, attended your appointment to prove your identity and provided your supporting documents, you’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
Aside from your travel pass, to enter the country you’ll need a valid passport that meets the following requirements:
- A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months remaining after the intended date of departure.
- A minimum of 2 unused pages in it for your visa stamp.
Bangladeshi Tourists Travelling to the UK FAQs
If you are organising a trip to this country, then you probably have lots of questions. Check out our FAQ section below to get answers to some of the most common questions.
Can I Obtain a UK Tourist Visa for Travellers From Bangladesh in Advance?
Yes. If you’d like to visit as a tourist, you are required to obtain a visa in advance for travel. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you intend to travel, but it’s wise to apply as soon as possible to allow plenty of time for the authorities to process your application.
Can I Get a Multi-Entry Visa for Travel to the UK?
Yes. Bangladesh passport holders are eligible for a Standard Visitor Visa, which permits the visitor Multi-Entry access to the UK for a period of up to 186 days.
Is It Safe for Bangladesh Citizens to Travel to the UK?
Yes. Many people travel from Bangladesh to this country every year and most visits are free of problems. The country is a popular tourist destination with travellers worldwide, and it’s set up to receive visitors.
Although you should remain vigilant, as you would when travelling anywhere, and be mindful of any changes to government guidelines, visiting the country is a straightforward and trouble-free experience for most travellers.
More Information on Travelling to the UK
For more information on this country and a guide to what you need to know before your travels, including the currency used and the types of cuisine you can expect to find, then view our Visit the UK page. You can also check our page about the upcoming UK ETA online visa.