19th Ave New York, NY 95822, USA

UK Visa From Egypt

UK Visa for Egyptian Citizens

Imagine getting to take a vacation in Great Britain and seeing the fantastic countryside as well as famous sights like the Romans Baths in Bath or the prehistoric Stonehenge. Whatever you want to see the most, you need to arrange your visa to the UK from Egypt.

Getting your British visa from Egypt needn’t be hard when you have the expertise of Byevisa at your fingertips. Read our guide on all the things you need to know and find out exactly how to apply for a UK visa from Egypt.

Do I Need a Visa for the UK From Egypt?

Entering the UK as an Egyptian tourist means that you need to get the UK Standard Visa to be permitted entry on arrival. The application system has been made electronic by the British government so that you can apply online from wherever you are. This service is not offered through Byevisa at this point, and so you need to apply directly on the government website for it to be processed.

Application for UK Visa From Egypt Explained

Applying for your UK visa from Egypt involves a range of steps that we have broken down for you below so that you can ensure you complete each stage correctly.

First, you must complete the online application form on the website of the British government. As part of this application, you need to include:

  • Your name and birthdate.
  • Your gender.
  • Your address and the length of time you have lived there.
  • Place of birth.
  • Nationality and current place of residence.
  • Your parents’ names and dates of birth.
  • Entry and departure dates.
  • The expected total cost of your trip.
  • Your holiday accommodation details.
  • Your annual income amount.
  • The type of travel authorisation you want to apply for (6 months, 2, 5 or 10 years). Please note that with the 2, 5 or 10-year visa, each visit can only last up to 6 months.

When you have submitted your application online, you will be provided with a reference number which allows you to access your application online so that you can upload your supporting information. The documents needed for th UK visa from Egypt are as follows:

  • Proof of enough financial means to cover your trip.
  • Scanned copy of your passport biometric data page.
  • Proof of onward travel on your exit date.

You also need to arrange an appointment with an application centre who will process your biometric data in the form of full fingerprints and a digital photo. There are 2 application centres in Egypt run by TLS Contact; they are based in Alexandria and Cairo.

It is important to note that every member of your party needs to attend an appointment to have biometric data taken unless a passenger is under 5 years of age. Under 5s need to attend an appointment at the application centre with a responsible adult, but no data will be collected from them.

Requirements for the UK Visa From Egypt

When you visit Britain, you will be expected to adhere to the rules and regulations of the country. With this in mind, you will be expected to adhere to the following requirements to be issued with your travel authorisation:

  • You must have a genuine reason to visit the country for tourism, visiting family or friends, business trips, sporting events, private medical treatment or take part in creative events.
  • You have to have proof that you will leave the country at the end of your stay and can do this by showing your travel tickets that are dated on your departure date.

UK Visa Fees From Egypt

Obtaining your travel authorisation incurs a fee that is payable when you submit your online application. Your application will not be processed without full payment at the time of applying, and the current fees are as follows:

  • Standard Visa – 30 days (118 USD)
  • Long-Term Standard Visa – 2 Years (450 USD)
  • Long-Term Standard Visa – 5 Years (816 USD)
  • Long-Term Standard Visa – 10 Years (1024 USD)

Visa to the UK From Egypt – Your Frequently Asked Questions

Byevisa takes pride in sharing information about the application process so that you can arrange the authorisation you need to enjoy a stress-free vacation. To help you even more, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions below so that you can feel confident about travelling to Britain.

Do Minors Need a Visa to Travel to Britain?

Yes, anyone under the age of 18 needs an approved travel authorisation to be able to travel. On the child’s documentation, there should be an identified adult that they are travelling with. If a child arrives in Britain without the adult named on their visa, then they will be unable to enter the country.

Can I Extend My Visa if I Need To?

Extending your time in the UK is possible but will require you to apply via the same online system that you used for your original application. You will need to attend an appointment at a British-based application centre and pay a fee to process the application and have new biometric data taken.

Currently, the price to apply for this extension is 1254 USD plus a further 1010 USD if you want it processed within 24 hours.

How Soon Can I Apply for My Travel Authorisation?

The soonest you can apply is 3 months before your date of arrival into the UK. Byevisa advises you to apply for your authorisation as early as possible in case you need to undergo any further checks or if there are delays in being able to arrange an appointment at the application centre.

Can I Travel to Great Britain for Private Medical Treatment?

Yes, you can enter the UK for private medical treatment with the Standard Visitor authorisation. Typically you can stay in the UK for 6 months, but this can be extended up to 11 months if you need longer in a medical facility. To extend your stay to 11 months, you will need to pay 238 USD to apply.

More Details on Travelling to the United Kingdom

If you need more information on travelling to Great Britain, then click here to go to our dedicated page where you will find everything you need. We hope you enjoy your trip!

Alternatively, if you’re visiting as an EU or Gulf States citizen, check out our page about the UK’s Electronic Travel Authorisation.

Related Answers

Rate this
0/5 - 0 votes