If you’re an Indian passport holder, you’re in luck! You can visit 30 countries visa-free, this is to say, without applying for any prior entry authorisation for your destination. In this article, we list the countries you’re entry permit-exempt for, as well as how long you can stay.
In addition, you’ll find other useful travel information on this page. This includes the list of countries that you can apply for eVisas (Electronic Visas) and Visas on Arrival (VoA), modern alternatives to applying at an embassy. These straightforward travel documents can also save you time when you’re travelling internationally.
With this in mind, read on to learn the visa-free countries for Indian passport holders, plus other useful facts for when you’re deciding your next destination!
- 1 List of Visa-Free Countries for Indian Passport Holders
- 2 What Visa-Free Countries for India Are in Europe?
- 3 What Visa-Free Countries for India Are in Africa?
- 4 What Documents Do Indian Passport Holders Need for the Visa-Free Countries?
- 5 Can Indians Visit More Countries Visa-Free With a Schengen Visa?
- 6 Where Can Indian Passport Holders Go With a US Visa?
- 7 What Other Countries Are Indians Visa-Free For, and in What Circumstances?
- 8 List of eVisa and Visa on Arrival-Eligible Countries for Indians
List of Visa-Free Countries for Indian Passport Holders
The list of 30 countries that you can enter without an entry permit is below. Destinations range from Indonesia in Southeast Asia, to Northern Cyprus in Europe, to West Senegal in Africa. So there’s a range of countries you don’t require an entry pass for.
How Long You Can Visit
|Barbados||Up to 3 months|
|British Virgin Islands||Up to 30 days|
|Cook Islands||Up to 31 days|
|Dominica||Up to 6 months|
|El Salvador||Up to 90 days|
|Fiji||Up to 4 months|
|Grenada||Up to 3 months|
|Haiti||Up to 3 months|
|Indonesia||Up to 30 days|
|Jamaica||Up to 30 days|
|Macau||Up to 30 days|
|Maldives||Up to 90 days|
|Mauritius||Up to 90 days|
|Micronesia||Up to 30 days|
|Montserrat||Up to 6 months|
|Niue||Up to 30 days|
|Northern Cyprus||Up to 3 months|
|Palestine||Up to 3 months|
|Pitcairn Islands||Up to 14 days|
|Qatar||Up to 30 days|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Up to 3 months|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Up to 1 month|
|Senegal||Up to 3 months|
|Serbia||Up to 30 days|
|Transnistria||Up to 45 days|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Up to 3 months|
|Tunisia||Up to 3 months|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Up to 3 months|
|Vanuatu||Up to 30 days|
What Visa-Free Countries for India Are in Europe?
You can visit Northern Cyprus, a beautiful Mediterranean destination!
What Visa-Free Countries for India Are in Africa?
These are Mauritius, Senegal and Tunisia.
What Documents Do Indian Passport Holders Need for the Visa-Free Countries?
Typically, to enter a country you’re visa-exempt for, you require only a valid passport. However, the exact requirements may vary from country to country, so it’s worth confirming these before your trip. Depending on where you’re going, you might be asked for:
- A recent passport-size photo.
- Hotel booking or other proof of accommodation, such as an invitation letter.
- Proof of sufficient funds, such as bank statements or payslips.
- Return flight tickets.
- Valid travel health insurance.
Can Indians Visit More Countries Visa-Free With a Schengen Visa?
Yes, you can! For starters, you can visit all 26 Schengen Member States, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
In addition, the following countries also allow permit-free travel for Schengen Visa holders:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Macedonia
- Sao Tome and Principe
Where Can Indian Passport Holders Go With a US Visa?
If you have a valid US residence permit, you’re visa-exempt for the following destinations:
- Argentina – if you have a valid US B1/B2 visa, you can get an Argentinian eVisa.
- Bermuda – As long as your US residence document has at least 45 days remaining, starting from when you depart Bermuda.
- Caribbean Netherlands (Aruba, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius, Saba).
- Cayman Islands
- Colombia – As long as your US residence pass is valid for at least another 6 months.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Nicaragua – if you have a valid US residence pass, you can get a VoA.
- Panama – if your US residence document has at least 1 year’s validity left.
- Saudi Arabia – You must arrive on the national carrier, Saudi Arabian Airways.
- United Arab Emirates – if your US residence pass has 6 months validity left, you can obtain a VoA.
Moreover, if you hold a US Green Card, you can enter the following countries without applying for authorisation in advance:
- Aruba and Curaçao
- The Balkans
- The British Virgin Islands
- Caribbean Netherlands (Aruba, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius, Saba)
- Costa Rica
What Other Countries Are Indians Visa-Free For, and in What Circumstances?
If you’re an Indian passport holder, you can also enter the following destinations without obtaining prior authorisation, so long as you meet the conditions listed below:
- Ireland – If you have a BIVS (British-Irish Visa Scheme) stamp.
- Pakistan –If you’re a Sikh on pilgrimage to the Guru Nanak shrine in Kartarpur.
- Republic of the Congo – If you have a VIP confirmation letter or official invitation from an important individual or company.
- South Ossetia – if you have a Multiple Entry visa to Russia and give 72 hours notice in advance.
- UK – If you have a BIVS stamp.
List of eVisa and Visa on Arrival-Eligible Countries for Indians
As follows, here is the list of 61 countries that Indians are eligible for an eVisa or Visa on Arrival (VoA) for. You can apply for virtually all of these eVisas here on Byevisa to save you the time and effort of applying yourself.
Type of Document
|Antigua and Barbuda||eVisa|
|Papua New Guinea||eVisa|
|Saint Helena and Tristan da Cunha||eVisa|
|São Tomé e Príncipe||eVisa|
So with this information, you now know which countries you can enter without applying for a travel permit, and which destinations you need an eVisa or a VoA for. Happy travels!