Arranging a holiday is a fun experience, especially when you are headed off to a new destination. In reality, it can also be a time-consuming process, especially when you need to arrange the required travel authorisations. Byevisa is proud to offer a comprehensive service that allows you to apply for your documents so that you can relax and get excited about your trip.
If you are heading off to Azerbaijan, then you will probably be looking forward to seeing some of the amazing cultural hotspots like the Maiden Tower or the Baku Ateshgah. Whatever you are planning, it is imperative that you get your Azerbaijan visa for UK citizens organised.
Read our comprehensive guide that explains the process of getting an Azerbaijan visa UK; you will be amazed at how easy it is to use the Byevisa service! Plus, check out the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions so that you can focus your energy on getting every detail planned and prepared.
Do I Need A Visa for Azerbaijan From the UK?
Any British tourist heading to Azerbaijan needs to have a visa that covers the entirety of their stay. The good news is that you can apply for your eVisa online via the Byevisa website and get it delivered right to your email inbox. The e-Visa is valid for 30 days and allows you one Single Entry into the country.
The country introduced the electronic system back in 2017 and named it ASAN. The UK is one of 95 countries that can use this system to apply for entrance into the country.
How To Apply for an e-Visa
When you begin your application on the Byevisa website, you need to complete an online application form with the following information:
- Your name in full, including any former names you may have been known by.
- A current and valid email address that we can send your authorisation to.
- A contact number that can be used if there are any issues with your application.
- Your date of entry to the country and the date you will be leaving the country.
- Your gender and birthday.
- Your place of birth and current place of residence.
- Your nationality.
- Your passport number, issue date and date of expiry.
In addition to your application form, you need to upload the following documentation:
- A passport photo that is 3.5cm x 4.5cm in colour that has been taken against a light background.
- A full scan of your passport data page.
- A full scan of the last page of your passport.
- A copy of your hotel reservation.
If you are travelling with more than one person, you can apply for all the e-Visas at the same time to save you any hassle and to keep all your applications in one place. Simply click to add an additional traveller to your application and complete their details as listed above.
Azerbaijan Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
When you are travelling, it is important that you adhere to the following requirements in order to gain entry to the country:
- Your passport must be valid for 3 months from the date you are due to leave the country.
- Your passport must have 2 blank pages that face each other ready for immigration officials to stamp on arrival and departure.
- You should print a copy of your eVisa ready to be handed over to officials along with your passport when you arrive.
Azerbaijan Visa Cost – UK Passport Holders
You are required to pay 25 USD for the UK visa Azerbaijan fee. This payment is taken as part of your online application. In addition, you need to pay a nominal processing fee to Byevisa in order to complete your application.
You are able to choose from 3 different processing speeds to suit your personal requirements. The options available are:
- Standard (4 business days) for 20 USD
- Rapid (2 business days) for 50 USD
- Highly Rapid (6 hours) for 80 USD
As soon as you make your payment and submit your application, you can rest assured that Byevisa will start working on getting your travel authorisation approved and emailed to you.
Your Commonly Asked Questions
As well as organising your electronic travel authorisation, you may have other questions and queries about travelling abroad. We have collated some of the most frequently asked questions and answered them below so that you do not need to waste time trawling the web to find out!
How Long is My eVisa Valid for?
When your visa is processed and issued, it is valid for a period of 90 days. Therefore, you need to ensure that your trip takes place within the 90-day period. However, you can only visit for 30 days in total.
Can I Use A Tourist Visa to Attend a Conference?
If you are heading to this country for a conference, then you need to arrange a Business authorisation to be able to attend. Tourist visas are issued for tourism purposes only.
Do I Need a Transit Visa for This Country?
If you are stopping in this country and remaining in the airport, then you do not need to organise a visa. However, if you want to enter the country during your stopover, then you need to apply for an e-visa as per the conditions listed above.
Can I Leave the Country During My Stay and Then Re-Enter With the Same Authorisation?
No, each eVisa is valid for one Single Entry to the country for a maximum of 30 days. If you want to leave and re-enter at any point, you need to reapply for a new authorisation to cover this.
Further Information for Visitors to Azerbaijan
If you want to find out more about the Byevisa online application for tourists heading to Azerbaijan, then click here to be taken to the main information page. Also, check out our visit Azerbaijan page for lots more useful facts before you go.