If you need a Croatia visa for Indians, then Byevisa can help to provide you with all the necessary information you will need. You may be looking forward to the crystal clear sea or the amazing landscape; either way, you are in for a treat when visiting this European country.
In order to get into this country, you will need to apply for a Croatia tourist visa for Indians. This is done by applying directly to the Embassy in India. The visa you are issued with will allow you to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days over a 180-day period. You can apply for a Single-Entry or Multiple-Entry version, depending on your travel plans.
- 1 Do Indians Need a Visa for Croatia?
- 2 Visa Application Process for Indian Travellers
- 3 Croatia Visa Requirements for Indians
- 4 Croatia Visa Fees for Indians
- 5 How Long Will My Visa Be Valid?
- 6 Indian Embassy and Consulate in Croatia
- 7 Visa FAQ for Indians Travelling to Croatia
- 8 More Information On Travel to Croatia
Do Indians Need a Visa for Croatia?
Yes, you need to apply for the correct travel documentation before heading off on holiday. However, there is no option to apply for a Croatia e-visa for Indians or a Visa on Arrival for Indians at this time. The requirement is to apply directly by completing your forms and submitting them to the nearest Croatian embassy in India, along with the required fees and supporting documents.
Visa Application Process for Indian Travellers
To apply, any Indians travelling to this country need to provide the following information on their application form:
- Full name and address.
- Email address.
- Date and place of birth.
- Gender and marital status.
- Passport details including number, date of issue and expiry date.
- Nationality and current place of residence.
- Your intended stay details.
- Evidence of how you will fund your trip (prepaid receipts, bank/credit card balance etc.).
- Previous visa information.
- Reason for travelling.
When you have completed your application form, you need to print and sign it and then take it, along with all the required documentation, to the embassy to be processed. It is important to allow enough time for this process, as it typically takes 15 days for it to be processed unless there are problems with your application.
These problems include providing incomplete information or forgetting to submit the right documents. In these cases your application approval time can be extended from 15 days to 30 or even 60.
Croatia Visa Requirements for Indians
Indians travelling to this country also need to comply with some specific requirements as detailed below:
- You must submit your paperwork to the Croatian Embassy in New Delhi or a Visa Application Centre.
- You need to provide a covering letter with your application that explains your reason for your visit and includes a detailed itinerary.
- A full passport must be submitted with your application. Your passport must be no more than 10 years old and remain valid for at least 3 months following your departure from Croatia.
- A colour passport photo is needed, size 3.5cm x 4.5cm with a white background.
- Evidence of travel insurance, with minimum coverage of 32,887.50 USD, that covers the entire length of your stay. Make sure to get your insurance from an approved Indian insurance company.
- Evidence of round trip transport and accommodation that covers your entire trip, such as airplane tickets and hotel reservations.
- You will need to provide the Croatian phone number and address for each of your accommodations.
- Proof of funds to cover your trip, such as 3 months of bank statements signed and stamped by the bank.
- Proof of work or education status in the form of an official letter.
- You may be required to provide additional documents, fingerprints and/or attend an interview at the embassy before your application is processed.
Croatia Visa Fees for Indians
The Croatia visa cost for Indians is set at 66.25 USD, and this fee must be paid when you apply for your visa if you do not want any delays in the processing time. As your visa cannot be applied for earlier than 3 months in advance of your trip, it is advisable to ensure you have everything in place to ensure the application process runs smoothly.
How Long Will My Visa Be Valid?
Once issued, your visa will enable you to vacation in the country for a maximum of 90 days over a 180-day period. If you want to visit more than once, you can apply for a Multiple-Entry pass instead of a Single-Entry one.
Indian Embassy and Consulate in Croatia
If you need any support from the India Consulate in Croatia, you will find it located in Zagreb. The address for the embassy is Bijenik 152, 10000 Zagreb and it is open from 9 am – 11:30 am and then 3 pm – 4 pm Monday to Friday.
If you want to call Croatia from India to speak to someone at the embassy, then you will need to ring (00-385-1) 4873239 where your call will be transferred to someone who can help you.
Visa FAQ for Indians Travelling to Croatia
Here at Byevisa, we know that you may have a range of other questions that you’d like answered before you travel. We’ve collated the most frequently asked questions so that you can plan your travels with peace of mind.
What Should I Know Before Travelling?
There are many things to find out before you travel, but the things we think are most important are the following facts:
The local currency is the Kuna, and it’s wise to shop around to get the best exchange rate when you are in the country.
The best time to visit the country is in June and September, when it is warm but the tourist population is fewer than in July and August.
The best way to travel is by hiring a car as you will not need to depend on public transport to get you to the sights you want to see.
Are There Any Dangers for Indian Tourists in Croatia?
Many people ask is Croatia safe for Indians, and the good news is that it is! Crime rates are low, and tourists generally enjoy their time there with no problems. However, in cities, you do need to take extra precautions in order to avoid pickpockets.
Is Croatia a Popular Destination for Indians?
Each year there are more Indians visiting this country for vacations, and this growing popularity is down to the country offering greater tourist infrastructures as each year passes. You will find heritage sites and cultural activities as well as water sports and other fun activities for families.
If you are wondering how many Indians live in Croatia, you’d be right to think that the number is pretty low. However, of the Indians living in Croatia, many report that it is a great place to live and are treated well by the locals.
More Information On Travel to Croatia
All of Byevisa’s information is correct at time of publication, and we will update this page if there are any changes to the application system in the future.