Heading off to Egypt is a true adventure for any tourist, and you must want to know whether you need an Egypt visa for Canadian tourists. Beyevisa is a specialist service here to help you arrange the travel authorisations you need for your whole party.
Check out the process you need to take when applying for your visa for Egypt from Canada and get to grips with the entry requirements and the costs that you need to cover to get your documentation approved before you head off.
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Egypt From Canada?
If you are wondering, ‘Do you need a visa to go to Egypt from Canada?’, then yes, you do. The Egyptian government introduced an e-Visa system back in 2017 to make it easier for tourists to apply for their travel authorisations.
You can choose between a Single Entry or Multiple Entry visa, both of which give you 30 days in the country but are valid for 90 days, so you have some flexibility on travel dates. Byevisa is proud to offer this electronic service, meaning that you can apply for your visa to Egypt from Canada with no stress or hassle!
Applying for an Egypt Visa for Canadian Citizens
When it comes to completing the Egypt visa application, Canadian citizens need to fill out our simple online application. The information you are required to provide is as follows:
- Your travel dates (start and end).
- An up-to-date email address (this is where we send your approved authorisation).
- Your name in full (including any middle names).
- A current phone number.
- Your date of birth and gender.
- Your current country of residence.
- Your country of birth.
- Your nationality.
- The issue and expiry date of your passport.
- Your passport number.
- The type of visa you want to apply for (Single Entry or Multiple Entry).
- A valid payment method (credit/debit card or PayPal account).
Once you have completed the form, you must upload some documents so that Byevisa can process your Egypt eVisa. Canada citizens need to provide:
- A full and clear scan of your passport data page.
Canada to Egypt Visa Requirements
To be admitted into the country when you arrive, you need to adhere to the Egypt visa requirements for Canadian citizens. The current entry requirements are as follows:
- You must have a printed copy of your eVisa with you.
- You need proof of your accommodation or a letter of invitation if you are staying with family or friends.
- You need a copy of your vacation itinerary.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you are due to leave the country.
- You must have at least 1 blank page in your passport for your entry stamp.
- You cannot carry prescription medication with you unless you have the original packaging for the medications, the prescription issued by a doctor and you have no more than 3 months’ supply with you.
In addition to the entry requirements, you must show your entry stamp on exit and are not permitted to leave without proof of entry.
What is the Cost of the Egypt Tourist Visa for Canadian Citizens?
To complete your application, you need to pay the visa charges and a processing fee. The current charges are listed below:
- Single Entry – 25 USD
- Multiple Entry – 60 USD
The Byevisa processing fee comes with 3 different options depending on the speed that you need to get your paperwork completed:
- Standard – 6 business days.
- Rapid – 4 business days.
- Highly Rapid – – 2 business days.
You can choose to pay these fees with a valid debit/credit card or a PayPal account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now you know about the travel visa to Egypt from Canada, you may want to find the answers to other questions. To help you, we have collated the most frequently asked questions and answered them below so that planning your vacation is easier than ever before!
Is There an Egypt Visa on Arrival for Canadian Citizens?
Yes, Canadian tourists can apply for their authorisation on arrival. However, this process can be lengthy with you not passing through immigration as quickly as you would with an eVisa. In addition, there is always the concern that your application may be refused, so it is worthwhile applying using the electronic system before you depart so that you have total peace of mind.
How to Call Egypt From Canada
If you need to contact loved ones or make calls to organise your trip, then you need to follow these instructions:
- First dial the international exit code – 011.
- Then follow it with the Egypt country code – 20.
- Finally, input the phone number of the person you want to contact.
What Currency Do I Need for My Trip?
The currency is the Egyptian pound and exchanging your money is easy to do in banks and hotels. However, the preferred money for converting is US dollars, with some tourist sites letting you pay in US dollars too.
When you enter or exit the country, you are not permitted to have more than 5,000 Egyption pounds with you, and you are required to declare any currency that is valued at over 10,000 USD.
What Cultural Requirements Do I Need to be Aware Of?
Egyptian culture is traditional and conservative, with strict rules surrounding alcohol and codes of behaviour. You should always dress to cover your arms and legs if you are a woman, and men should only wear shorts in tourist locations.
Public displays of affection are not appreciated, and you should behave with respect towards the traditions and religious beliefs of the country in order to have a pleasant stay.
More Information on Travelling to Egypt
To learn more about getting your travel authorisation, see our page about the Egypt visitor visa.
If you need any more information about this fascinating country, then head over to our visit Egypt page by clicking here. You can find information and resources designed to make the planning process simple and straightforward.