Whether you’re keen to see the famous Giza pyramid or go diving in one of the beautiful Red Sea resorts, Egypt is a popular holiday destination for British citizens.
However, it’s important to know about the travel authorisation you may need to gain entry to the country. If you’re planning your trip, Byevisa gives you all the help you need to arrange an Egypt visa for UK citizens so your holiday runs smoothly.
- 1 Do UK Citizens Need a Visa for Egypt?
- 2 What Are the Egypt Visa Fees UK?
- 3 How to Get a Visa for Egypt From UK?
- 4 What Questions Are on the Egypt Visa Application Form for UK Tourists?
- 5 What Are the Egypt Visa Requirements for UK Citizens?
- 6 How Long is an Egypt Visa for UK Passport Holders Valid For?
- 7 More Questions About the Egypt Visa for UK Citizens
- 8 More Details About the Egypt Visa for UK Citizens
Do UK Citizens Need a Visa for Egypt?
Most British nationals travelling to this country on holiday need to obtain the appropriate travel authorisation to permit them to enter. There is an Egypt visa for UK citizens that you can apply for in advance right here on Byevisa’s website. This is necessary if you’re planning to travel to any destination outside the Red Sea resorts.
UK visitors to Sharm el Sheikh, Nuweiba, Taba or Dahab will be granted a 15-day stay without needing to obtain the eVisa. However, if you plan to travel outside these regions or want to stay for longer than a 15-day period you need to apply for a travel authorisation.
What Are the Egypt Visa Fees UK?
If you are travelling only to the Red Sea resorts mentioned above for a period of 15 days or less, you’re granted entry for free.
If you are staying longer than this length of time, or if you are travelling to any other part of the country at any point during your visit to Egypt, you need to pay the eVisa fee of 25.00 USD for a Single Entry visa. Alternatively, you can opt for a 60.00 USD Multiple Entry visa. Byevisa also charges an additional fee for processing your paperwork.
Both eVisas are valid for 90 days from the date of issue, and allow you to visit for up to 30 days.
How to Get a Visa for Egypt From UK?
Byevisa makes it simple and convenient to obtain your visa to Egypt for UK citizens:
- Choose the right travel authorisation option for you.
- Complete the necessary details.
- Upload the correct documentation.
- Select how quickly you wish to receive your document (Standard, Rapid or Highly Rapid).
- Pay the fee with your credit or debit card.
- You then receive your document by email within a few days. This must then be printed out and taken with you when you travel on your holiday.
What Questions Are on the Egypt Visa Application Form for UK Tourists?
You are required to complete certain details when filling in the online application form for your Egyptian eVisa. These include:
- Your first and last names.
- Your contact information including your address, phone number and email address.
- Your passport information including expiry date, number and country of issue.
- Your nationality.
What Are the Egypt Visa Requirements for UK Citizens?
To be granted entrance to the country you require the following:
- A passport with 6 months validity remaining from the date of arrival.
- A printout of your valid eVisa.
- Your full travel itinerary.
- Details about your accommodation booking and places you’ll be visiting.
How Long is an Egypt Visa for UK Passport Holders Valid For?
A Single Entry tourist visa for Egypt for UK citizens remains valid for a period of 90 days, allowing a total maximum stay in the country of 30 days. A Multiple Entry visa also remains valid for a 90-day period, and it also allows a stay of up to 30 days in the country.
More Questions About the Egypt Visa for UK Citizens
Hopefully, we’ve now given you the details you require to allow you to make your application for your Egyptian eVisa with Byevisa. However, if you have further queries, read on to discover the answers to a few more commonly asked questions.
Is There an Egypt Visa on Arrival for UK Citizens?
It is possible to obtain a visa when you arrive in the country as a UK citizen; however, this can be a time-consuming process since you need to queue at the airport and supply paperwork in person on your arrival in the country. It’s therefore better to obtain your eVisa in advance through Byevisa.
What Is the Processing Time for the Egypt Visa for British Citizens?
It is quite quick and easy to obtain your Egyptian tourist visa as a British citizen through the Byevisa website. The processing time for this document is 6 business days with our Standard service, 4 business days with our Rapid service, and 2 business days with our Highly Rapid service. This makes sure that you get your paperwork on time ready for you to head off on your holiday.
How Many United Kingdom Citizens Live in Egypt?
Around 14,000 UK citizens currently live in Egypt; however, many more travel here on holiday every year.
Is Egypt Safe for UK Travellers?
If you’re travelling on an Egyptian holiday you needn’t be worried about your safety. As long as you take sensible precautions as you would usually do when visiting any foreign country, you should experience no problems.
It’s wise to take a guided tour if you’re planning to visit popular tourist sites such as the Giza Pyramid, and if you’re planning to undertake any kind of diving activities in the Red Sea resorts, make sure that you choose a reliable and trustworthy operator to arrange your trip.
More Details About the Egypt Visa for UK Citizens
We hope that you now have all the information necessary to begin arranging your Egyptian eVisa, so you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with being able to travel on your Egyptian holiday without any worries about paperwork and documentation.
If you require any further details, though, check our Egyptian visa page here. You’ll find plenty more advice that will help you to complete the application process. Also, you can read our visit Egypt section here too.