Are you planning a vacation and need an Iran visa for Indians? If so, you may be looking forward to seeing the Golestan Palace or the Naqsh-e Jahan Square, and who could blame you? This country has so much to offer, and Byevisa is here to help you get the information you need to travel there safely.
Indians travelling to Iran need to arrange their travel documentation prior to their vacation, as getting a Visa on Arrival (VoA) is not possible for Indian citizens at this point in time. However, the process is still simple, with just an online application on the official eVisa website for the majority of Indians.
- 1 Iran Visa for Indian Passport Holders
- 2 Visa Application Method for Indians
- 3 Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
- 4 Iran Visa Fees for Indians
- 5 Indians Travelling to Iran
- 6 Indian Embassy and Consulate When on Vacation
- 7 Read Our Common Questions for Indians in Iran
- 8 More Information About Visiting Iran
Iran Visa for Indian Passport Holders
The Iran Visa on Arrival for Indians is not possible for Indian tourists. Instead, you need to apply for your paperwork online at the official eVisa site. While many people’s applications will be issued within 10 working days, others may first need to attend an interview at the Iran Embassy, India. If you are asked to do this, you will need to produce the required documentation to be checked by an immigration official and answer any questions asked.
The Iran visa for Indian citizens will only be issued if you have a passport that is valid for 6 months from the date of entry to the country; therefore it is imperative that you check your travel dates and renew your passport if necessary. When your certification is issued, you will be able to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days, but you can apply to extend this if needed.
To apply for a further 30 days you will need to visit the Police Offices that deal with foreign visitors and ask them to process your application. These offices can be found in Tehran, Shiraz, Mashhad and Tabriz.
Visa Application Method for Indians
Here we’ve broken the steps down so that you know precisely what you need to show in order to get an Iran tourist visa for Indians:
1. First, you need to submit your application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via their eVisa service. This cannot be done through Byevisa at this point, but if this changes in the future, we will update our page accordingly.
2. In order to get the right authorisations, you must supply the following information as part of the application process:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- Your travel plans, including dates.
- Your passport details and a digital image of your passport.
- You CV or resume that details your education and work history.
- A digital colour photo that is 400 mm in width and 600 mm in height and less than 500kb in size. Taken on a white background with no other people in the shot.
- Your nationality and current place of residence.
- Your date and place of birth.
- Your gender.
When your electronic application is complete, you may need to attend an appointment at your nearest embassy in India. There are embassies in New Delhi, Tehran, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
When your application has been processed, you need to print your Grant Notice and have it ready for inspection at the Visa on Arrival counter when you arrive in the country.
Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
If you want to know do all Indians need a visa for Iran, then the answer is yes. However, there are some other stipulations that you need to follow in order to get your visa approved. These stipulations are as follows:
- You must have travel insurance in place for the entirety of your trip as part of the application process.
- You need to pay the 30.50 EUR fee in euros when you arrive.
- Your passport must have 6 months’ validity on it from the time of departure to be accepted into the country.
- You may need to attend an interview to process your application where you will be questioned on your reasons for visiting.
Iran Visa Fees for Indians
If you want to know the Iran visa cost for Indians, then you can expect to pay 30.50 EUR for your application. This fee will be taken at the Banking Terminal as you arrive at the airport, before you can enter the country. It is important to note that this fee is payable exclusively in euros.
Indians Travelling to Iran
Indians in Iran are commonplace, and there is a good relationship between the 2 countries. You will enjoy your time spent exploring this fascinating country and will probably meet lots of other Indians on your journey.
The flight from India to Iran takes around 8 hours and lands directly in Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport, which was opened back in 2004.
Indian Embassy and Consulate When on Vacation
If you want to access the India consulate in Iran, you will find it in Tehran. The main address is India Embassy, 22 Mir Emad Street), Dr Beheshti Avenue, Tehran and you can also call it on the general phone number 0098-21-88755103-5.
Read Our Common Questions for Indians in Iran
If you are considering a vacation and want further details on some of the most asked questions, then take a look at our responses below. We hope that this information is useful to you during your planning.
Is Iran Safe For Indians?
Indians are incredibly safe in the county, mainly down to the very special relationship that is maintained between the 2 countries. However, as with all travel, it is wise to take reasonable safety precautions and follow the laws at all times.
Do Minors Need a Visa?
All visitors to this country need to hold valid tourist visas in order to enter. If you are travelling with minors, you must ensure that everyone has the right documentation and a valid passport before you set off on your journey.
Are There Many Indians Living in Iran?
If you want to know how many Indians live in Iran, you may be surprised to learn that there are around 30,000 across the country, mainly shared across Tehran and Zahedan.