Organising a trip abroad does not need to be stressful if you use the right services to help you get everything you need in order. Although Byevisa is not able to process your eVisa for Iran online, here we provide you with the information you need to apply for your documentation, pass through immigration and enjoy your holiday.
Historically Iran has not been a typical destination for British tourists, and getting a visa for Iran from UK can be a lengthy and time-consuming process. However, when you do travel to this country, you can look forward to seeing the Si O Se Pol Bridge that will dazzle you with its 33 arches, or even the stunning Eram Gardens that will impress you with the exotic plants that you won’t see at home!
Take some time now to read our comprehensive guide to getting your Iran visa for UK citizens. This will help you prepare well in advance and enjoy every moment of your upcoming trip!
- 1 Do I Need An Iran Visa as a UK Passport Holder?
- 2 Applying for A Visa To Iran From UK
- 3 Iran Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
- 4 Iran Visa Fee for UK Visitors
- 5 Commonly Asked Questions About Travel to Iran
- 6 What Are the Visa Requirements for UK Citizens if I’m Travelling Elsewhere Too?
- 7 More Information On Travelling To This Country
Do I Need An Iran Visa as a UK Passport Holder?
Yes, you do. To be able to enter this country, you need a visa and can only apply for it directly through the Iranian Embassy. It is well known that this process is not very simple and can take some time to have your paperwork issued, so it is worth applying well in advance.
Applying for A Visa To Iran From UK
When it comes to applying for your Iran tourist visa, UK citizens are required to apply directly to the Iranian Embassy. Currently, to get your authorisation to travel, you are required to apply as part of a tour that has been organised by a travel company or have a sponsor that is based in Iran.
The Iran visa application form UK version requires you to fill in the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your sex, date of birth and place of birth.
- Your nationality.
- Your occupation and any previous occupations.
- Details of your education.
- Your passport number, issue, and expiry dates.
- Your marital status and nationality of spouse (if applicable).
- Your father’s name and his nationality.
- The type of visa you require and the number of entries you want.
- Your reason for travelling to Iran and the dates of your stay.
- Details of any previous Iranian visas and cities in Iran that you have visited.
- The names and addresses of friends or family that you plan to visit in the country.
- Details of any country you have visited and also a list of ones you have stayed in for more than 6 months.
- Details of any criminal convictions or contagious diseases.
- Your address, telephone number and email address.
In addition to printing and submitting this application form at the embassy in person, you will need to provide the following items to support your application:
- Your application fee in cash.
- Your original passport.
- 2 colour passport-sized photos that have been taken in the last 6 months against a white background.
- A stamped and addressed envelope that covers the cost of registered mail for all your official documents.
- Your fingerprints – these will be taken when you go to submit your application form.
The Iranian Embassy is open for visa applications from 2 pm – 5 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
Iran Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
When it comes to getting your travel authorisation issued, there are some specific requirements that you must adhere to in order to be successful. These requirements are listed below:
- Your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity left on it when you apply.
- Female visitors aged 9 and over must wear a headscarf for their application form photos.
In addition to these requirements, you should be aware that if you have previously travelled to Israel and have Israeli stamps in your passport, then you may be refused entry to the country.
Iran Visa Fee for UK Visitors
The current costs for your travel documentation are listed below. These fees must be paid in cash when you take your application to the embassy to be submitted:
- Single Entry – 204 USD.
- 3 Month, Multiple Entry – 407 USD.
- 6 Month, Multiple Entry – 734 USD.
- 12 Month, Multiple Entry – 1224 USD.
- Tourist Visa – 184 USD.
- Pilgrimage Visa – 82 USD.
Commonly Asked Questions About Travel to Iran
If you are planning a trip to this country, then you may have other questions that you need to have answered before you are ready to go. To help, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions below for you to check out.
Do I Need Travel Health Insurance When Visiting This Country?
Yes, it is important to arrange adequate health insurance for your trip to this country in case of any medical needs that arise when you are away. If you are planning to stay in a major city, then you can be confident that there will be a range of good quality healthcare providers that you can access. Unfortunately, this is not the case in smaller, poorer areas and so it is important that your insurance covers medical transport and repatriation.
Do I Need An Iran Transit Visa as a UK Passport Holder?
Yes, there is a requirement for British nationals to apply for a transit visa, but this is typically organised through your airline. You will need to check that this is the case for your flight and if not, contact the embassy for guidance on how to apply. Currently, the cost is 122 USD for this form of travel authorisation and must be paid before you travel, either to your airline or directly to the embassy.
Is It Possible to Get an Iran Visa On Arrival for UK Citizens?
No, British nationals are unable to obtain a Visa on Arrival (VoA) and must apply before you leave the country to be able to pass through immigration.
What Are the Visa Requirements for UK Citizens if I’m Travelling Elsewhere Too?
If you’re touring both Iran and other destinations worldwide, it’s useful to know the entry regulations for each country you’re visiting. To find this, check our visa requirements for British citizens page.
More Information On Travelling To This Country
If you are planning on visiting this country, then check our dedicated visa for Iran and visit Iran pages to get even more great information from Byevisa. We will share all our hints and tips so that you feel confident when you travel.