If you’re an Indian citizen, you are required to obtain a visa for Laos. The good news is, Byevisa can assist you with your online travel pass. We provide a fast and efficient service, so you can sit back and focus on planning where you want to go and what you want to see. Before you know it you’ll be on your way, with everything you need to start your adventure!
The eVisa for Laos permits trips of up to 30 days in a 60-day period, and is valid for a Single Entry only. The digital travel permit allows visits for tourism or business, and to apply, you require supporting documents including a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from when you’ll enter.
Read on for everything you need to know about the Laos visa for Indian citizens.
Do Indian Citizens Need a Laos Tourist Visa?
If you are asking yourself “Do Indian citizens need a visa for Laos”, then the answer is yes, you need to obtain a travel pass for entry to the country. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place, as you can apply for a Laos Electronic Visa (eVisa) for Indians directly through the Byevisa website.
The application process is quick and simple, and you can do it online in just a few minutes. Once you submit your application, processing time is 3-7 business days, depending on the processing speed you select. Once you’ve obtained your travel authorisation, you will be allowed to stay in the country for up to 30 days within a 60-day period.
It’s worth bearing in mind that you can only use this eVisa for the purposes of tourism or visiting a relative, not for work or study. If you require a visa for work or study, the Laos embassy should be able to help you with more information.
The e-Visa is valid for a Single Entry into the country, so if you plan to go into and then exit Laos repeatedly, or travel to neighbouring countries Thailand or Vietnam and then return, you’ll need to obtain several eVisas.
How to Apply for the Laos Visa
When you’re ready to apply for your travel pass, you can complete your application in just a few minutes with Byevisa.
To apply for this travel authorisation, you need the following supporting documents:
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your intended date of entry.
- A scan of your passport’s personal page to upload. It’s important to make sure that your scan includes the MRZ (the 2 lines at the bottom of the page).
- A scan of your passport’s cover page.
- A digital copy of a passport-sized photo (4 cm x 6 cm) that has been taken within the last 6 months and is in colour.
When filling out your online application, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Your forename, surname and middle name (if applicable).
- Your email address, for us to send you your validated travel authorisation.
- Your current phone number.
- The dates you plan to arrive and depart.
- Your nationality and country of residence.
- Your gender, date of birth and country of birth.
- Passport details including number, issue date, expiry date and country where it was issued.
- Your port of arrival and your purpose for travelling.
- A valid payment method (credit/debit card or Paypal) to pay the eVisa fee.
When your eVisa application is approved, your travel authorisation document will be sent to the email address that you provided at the time of registration.
Laos Visa Requirements for Indians
Aside from your e-Visa, which can be obtained in advance with Byevisa, to enter the country you’ll need a valid passport that meets the following requirements:
- You must hold a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the time of entry into the country.
- Your passport should also have at least 2 unused pages in it for the exit and entry stamps.
Laos Visa Fee for Indians
The Laos visa for Indians costs 55.00 USD per applicant and is due when you submit your online application. There’s also an option to apply as a group and pay at the end of the application process.
In addition, there is a processing fee to Byevisa, which depends on the processing speed you choose:
- Standard: get the eVisa in 7 business days for 30.00 USD.
- Rapid: get it in 5 business days for 50.00 USD.
- Highly Rapid: get it in 3 business days for 70.00 USD.
Indian Tourists Travelling to Laos FAQs
If you are organising a trip to this fab Southeast Asian country, then you probably have lots of questions. Check out our FAQ section below to get answers to some of the most common questions regarding travel to the country.
Can I Obtain a Laos Tourist Visa for Indians in Advance?
Yes. Byevisa provides a fast, simple and cost-effective way for you to obtain your visa in advance, without having to leave your house! When you apply online for your travel pass through the Byevisa service, you’ll receive it directly into your email inbox in 3-7 working days after submitting your application.
Should I Print a Copy of the eVisa to Take With Me?
Yes, once you receive your travel document in your email inbox, you’ll have to print a copy to take on your trip and show to Laos’ border agents when you arrive.
You’ll also have to show your valid passport when you arrive in Laos, so be sure to take this with you too!
Can I Get a Visa on Arrival (VoA) For This Country?
Yes, it is possible for Indian passport holders to get a travel pass for Laos on arrival at the airport. However, it’s advisable to save yourself the time and apply online in advance. Usually, there are long lines to fill out an application on arrival at the airport.
By organising your e-Visa in advance, you can skip the queues and begin your trip straight away. After a border official checks your paperwork, you’ll be on your way and ready to explore!
Full Information On Travelling To This Country
We hope that you’re now ready to apply for your online travel pass! Visit our Laos visa online page for more information about obtaining the eVisa.
For more information on this country, including useful facts, what language is spoken and the best sights to take in during your trip, then check our Visit Laos page.