If you’re an Indian citizen ready to head off on a Moroccan vacation, it’s important to be aware of the travel authorisation requirements before you go. From historic forts to Marrakech’s atmospheric Medina, Morocco boasts many attractions, but without the right Morocco tourist visa for Indians you won’t be permitted to enter the country.
Luckily, Byevisa is here to give you all the essential information that you need to arrange your travel permits before setting off from home. So, read on and learn all you need to know about making your application.
- 1 Do Indians Need a Visa for Morocco?
- 2 What Are the Necessary Morocco Visa Requirements for Indians?
- 3 How to Get a Visa for Morocco for Indians
- 4 What Are the Morocco Visa Fees for Indians?
- 5 Is There a Morocco E-Visa for Indians?
- 6 Morocco Visa for Indians FAQs
- 7 More Information About the Morocco Visa
Do Indians Need a Visa for Morocco?
Indians must apply for an appropriate tourist travel permit to enter Morocco when travelling on vacation. This must be applied for in advance. Unfortunately, there are no online application methods available, so you need to use a traditional paper application format.
What Are the Necessary Morocco Visa Requirements for Indians?
You need to present certain documentation in order to obtain the Morrocan visa for Indians. These include:
- A passport that remains valid beyond the duration of your stay.
- A completed application form.
- 2 colour passport photos.
- Identity card, residence permit or other document proving your home address.
- A copy of your passport.
- A bank statement, legalised attestation of invitation or request from an authorised travel agency.
When the authorisation is issued, several further documents must be supplied including:
- Return ticket and confirmed reservation.
- Travel insurance document.
- Hotel booking or voucher.
How to Get a Visa for Morocco for Indians
You need to apply in advance for your Moroccan tourist visa before heading off on your trip. Therefore, you need to complete the paper form and supply your documentation to support your application to your local consulate. The form requires you to complete certain details including:
- Passport number, type, issue and expiry dates
- Dates of entry and exit
- Country of birth
- Marital status
- The type of visa you’re applying for
- The purpose of your visit
- Where you’ll be staying during your visit
- Details about who will be paying for the trip and how
- Phone number
- Email address
- Home address
What Are the Morocco Visa Fees for Indians?
When applying for your travel authorisation you need to know the Morocco visa cost for Indians. The price depends on which visa you require. There are 2 options for Indians coming to this country as a tourist.
You can choose from the short-stay visa with single entry which costs 21.50 USD or a short-stay visa with 2 entries which costs 32.00 USD. Both types of authorisation are valid for periods of up to 90 days.
Is There a Morocco E-Visa for Indians?
Unfortunately, at the present time there is no Moroccan eVisa available for Indians. Therefore, if you’re planning a trip to this beautiful North African country you need to make your application using the traditional paper method in advance.
Morocco Visa for Indians FAQs
We hope that we’ve been able to supply you with the vital details you need to make an application for your Moroccan visa as an Indian citizen. However, if you require any more information, read on to learn the answers to some commonly asked questions.
Can I Get a Direct Flight From India to Morocco?
Unfortunately, there are currently no direct flights to Morocco from India. You typically need to fly to the United Arab Emirates, change aircraft and continue your flight on to your final Moroccan destination.
How Do I Contact the India Consulate in Morocco?
If you’re an Indian citizen experiencing issues during your Moroccan vacation you need to know how to contact the consulate to get the help that you need. The Indian consulate can be found in the Moroccan capital city, Rabat. The address is:
88 Rue Ouled Tidrarine
The telephone number is: +212 5376-35801
The email address is: email@example.com
The opening hours are from 8.30 am until 5.30 pm on weekdays but the embassy remains closed during the weekends and on public holidays.
Are There Many Indians Living in Morocco?
Although just 1% of the Moroccan population is made up of citizens from overseas, there is a small and thriving Indian community living in the country’s major cities such as Rabat, Casablanca, Tangiers and Fez. Over 20,000 Indian tourists also come here every year.
How to Call Morocco From India
When you’re planning your Moroccan vacation you may need to know how to make a telephone call to a hotel or tour operator from India. Your family may also need to contact you while you’re away on your holiday.
Therefore, knowing how to make a call to Morocco from India is important. You need to ensure that you have entered the exit code, the country code and the area code before the number that you need to dial. Follow this format:
- Dial 00 – this is the Indian exit code to make an international call.
- Dial 212 – this is the Moroccan country code.
- Dial the Moroccan area code. There are 2, so you need to ensure you have the correct one.
- Dial the telephone number that you need to reach.
If you are calling a Moroccan mobile phone from India you need the following format:
- 00 + 212 + 6 + mobile number
More Information About the Morocco Visa
The Byevisa team hope that we’ve given you all the essential information you require to help you make your application for your Moroccan tourist visa for Indians before heading off on your North African holiday.
Also, we understand that sometimes not every question will have been addressed here. Therefore, we recommend that you see our visit Morocco page by clicking here and you’ll find more information and guidance that will help you.