Heading off on vacation is one of the most exciting things to plan. However, you need a Nepal tourist visa for US citizens to visit this amazing country. Byevisa makes it easy for you to apply online, and we send your eVisa to your email inbox. This means that you can focus your energy on preparing for your adventure without worrying if you have the right paperwork in place.
You may be heading to Nepal on vacation to see Kathmandu or trek in Chitwan National Park; no matter where you are going to visit, you are in for a real treat! Nepal is one of the most magical and awe-inspiring countries in the world, and they welcome tourists from across the globe with happiness and positivity.
If you need a visa for Nepal for US citizens, then take a moment to read through our guide below. We show you exactly what you need to do and explain the requirements and costs involved in getting your travel authorisation online with Byevisa.
- 1 Do I Need a Nepal Tourist Visa for US Citizens?
- 2 Which Nepal Visa for American Citizens Should I Apply For?
- 3 How Do I Apply for A Nepal Visa on Arrival for US Citizens?
- 4 How Do I Apply for A Visa Online in Advance?
- 5 Nepal Visa Requirements for US Citizens
- 6 Nepal Visa Fee for US Citizens
- 7 Your Questions Answered
- 8 More Information for Tourists to Nepal
Do I Need a Nepal Tourist Visa for US Citizens?
Yes, you do. As an American, you need to apply for a tourist visa to Nepal for US citizens. Luckily, you can apply online before you travel and save yourself the hassle of standing in long lines at the airport when you arrive. You can choose between a 15, 30 or 90-day authorisation.
Which Nepal Visa for American Citizens Should I Apply For?
Nepal is very welcoming of tourists, and so you should not experience any issues with getting a visa to enter the country. However, you have to decide whether to apply before you leave or apply when you arrive. The current process is that if you are due to fly into Tribhuvan International Airport, then you can apply in advance or once you arrive. However, if you are arriving by land, then you need to apply as you arrive.
Selecting the type you want comes down to personal choice, but it is worthwhile remembering that a Visa on Arrival can take a lot of time and means that you will not be able to pass through immigration controls quickly.
How Do I Apply for A Nepal Visa on Arrival for US Citizens?
If you are flying to Tribhuvan International Airport, you can choose to apply for a Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you land. After you get off the plane, you’ll have to stand in line to fill out an arrival card and tourist VoA form, make your payment and take your documents to the immigration desk to be processed. This is the last thing most people want to do after a long flight, which is why we recommend you get your authorisation online ahead of time.
How Do I Apply for A Visa Online in Advance?
It’s fast and easy to apply online with Byevisa. Simply fill out the form with the following details:
- Your first name, middle name, and surname.
- Your gender.
- Your passport number and issue/expiry date.
- Your full address, contact number and email.
- Your date of birth, your nationality, and your current country of residence.
- The dates you plan to arrive and leave the country.
- The details of your accommodation.
Then you can choose how quickly you want to receive your visa by email, and make the payment using a credit or debit card or PayPal.
You must also provide:
- A digital copy of your passport.
- A digital passport photo with square dimensions showing only your head and shoulders. Maximum file size is 2,048 KB.
Nepal Visa Requirements for US Citizens
To be issued with a Nepal visitor visa for US citizens, you need to adhere to the following requirements:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you plan to enter the country.
- You must have 2 blank pages in your passport.
- Your authorisation must suit the purpose of your travel for you to gain entry to the country. For example, if you are travelling for tourism, you need a tourist visa.
Nepal Visa Fee for US Citizens
The cost of the Nepal visa for US citizens depends on the length of time you want to stay in the country:
- 15 Days, Multiple Entry: 30 USD.
- 30 Days, Multiple Entry: 50 USD.
- 90 Days, Multiple Entry: 125 USD.
Byevisa also charges a fee for processing your application. We offer 3 processing speeds:
- Standard: get your eVisa in 5 business days for 20.00 USD.
- Rapid: get it in 3 business days for 50.00 USD.
- Highly Rapid: get it in 1 business day for 80.00 USD.
Your Questions Answered
To help you get all the information you need, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions below. We hope they help you to prepare for your trip.
How Long is the Flight To Nepal From the US?
The average flight time is 17 and a half hours with a range of airlines offering this journey to American tourists.
Do Minors Need A Travel Authorisation?
Any minor travelling with you needs to have a travel authorisation to be allowed entry into the country. If the child is under 10 years of age, their visa fee is waived, although you still have to pay for Byevisa to process their application.
Do I Need a Transit Authorisation for This Country?
Yes, transit authorisations are necessary if you wish to gain entry into the country to stay for a maximum of 24 hours. You must apply for the transit authorisation at the immigration counter at the airport and pay the 5 USD fee. You can also complete the form prior to travelling and print it out so it’s ready for submission when you land.
More Information for Tourists to Nepal
If you want more information, then head over to our main Nepalese visas page to find out more about the process of getting the right travel authorisation for your trip.
We also provide more helpful information for visitors to this country here.