Although India and Pakistan are next to each other geographically, all Indian travellers must ensure that they have obtained an appropriate travel authorisation to be permitted to enter the country or they will be turned back at the border. Here, we provide you with all the information that you need to make your advance application so that you won’t be disappointed on arrival. Read on to learn everything you need to know.
- 1 Do Indians Need a Visa for Pakistan?
- 2 What Are the Pakistan Visa Fees for Indian Citizens?
- 3 What Are the Pakistan Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens?
- 4 How to Get a Pakistan Visit Visa for Indian Nationals
- 5 How Long is the Pakistan Visa for Indian Nationals Valid?
- 6 All You Need to Know About How to Get a Visa for Pakistan for Indians
- 7 More Information About Visiting Pakistan
Do Indians Need a Visa for Pakistan?
Yes, all Indian nationals are required to obtain a Pakistani visa if they are planning to visit the country for any purpose including tourism.
What Are the Pakistan Visa Fees for Indian Citizens?
When you arrange your travel authorisation for your trip, you need to know the amount of Pakistan visa fees for Indian citizens. At present, the cost of a Pakistani tourist travel authorisation is 1.25 USD. This fee needs to be paid in advance of your trip at the time of your application.
What Are the Pakistan Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens?
As an Indian citizen, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill in order to be issued with your tourist travel authorisation. The documentation you must supply includes:
- A valid Indian passport with at least 1 year’s validity remaining.
- A completed application form.
- 2 passport photos.
- Evidence of having a minimum of 45 USD or the equivalent in a foreign currency on entry to the country.
- A copy of your sponsor’s NIC.
- A copy of your passport.
How to Get a Pakistan Visit Visa for Indian Nationals
Before your trip, you must complete a Pakistan visa application form for Indian citizens for your visit travel authorisation. Certain personal information and details will need to be provided including:
- Your name (both surname and first names).
- Your birth date, as well as the city and country of your birth.
- Address of your accommodation during your stay.
- Your parents’ names, their countries of origin and their current nationality.
- If you are married, your spouse’s name, birth country, date of birth and current nationality.
The application form must be completed in capital letters, with 4 copies to be made and with no columns left blank. 2 copies will be returned to you along with your visa, and you must hand one on arrival to the Immigration officer and the other to the Police Registration Office within 24 hours of arrival in the country. The visa fee must be deposited in cash and a receipt must be obtained. When the receipt is presented to the authorities, your passport will be returned.
Bear in mind that your travel authorisation will permit you to enter the country by road, air or train, but you will need to enter and exit the country via the same mode of transport and at the same point. The only exception is if you’re travelling by air, and you will require prior permission to leave from a different airport.
It’s important to note that you must report for Police Registration within the first 24 hours you are in Pakistan. You must repeat this process before you leave or arrive at each place you visit within the country.
How Long is the Pakistan Visa for Indian Nationals Valid?
If you are applying for a tourist Pakistan visa on an Indian passport, your travel authorisation will be valid for 14 days. It will be non-extendable.
All You Need to Know About How to Get a Visa for Pakistan for Indians
We’ve aimed to give you the key information you need to apply for a travel authorisation for your upcoming trip as an Indian traveller. However, if you require further details, read on to learn more.
Can Indians Travel to Pakistan in Transit Without a Visa?
If you’re travelling through a Pakistani airport or port in transit on your way to another destination, you still need to obtain an appropriate travel authorisation to permit you to enter the country by sea or by air as an Indian citizen.
You must, therefore, apply in advance for a transit visa that will remain valid for up to 2 entries into the country. You must remain no longer than 72 hours and remain in the port or city of entry.
Is There a Pakistan E-Visa for Indians?
Unfortunately, at the present time there is no Pakistani eVisa for Indians. There is also no Pakistan Visa on Arrival for Indians. Therefore, you need to obtain your travel authorisation in advance via a paper application form before you set off on your trip.
What Are the Photo Requirements for the Pakistan Visa for Vacation for Indians?
You are required to supply 2 photographs along with your travel authorisation application. These photos must meet certain requirements:
- Photo size must measure 45mm x 35mm.
- The background must be plain white.
How to Call Pakistan From India
There are several reasons why you might want to call Pakistan from India. For example, you may need to call your tour operator or your hotel before you set off on your trip. Or at some point during your trip, your friends and family may have to speak with you urgently. Knowing how to place a telephone call is therefore pretty important. You need to follow these steps:
- First, dial the exit code. This is 00.
- Next, dial the country code. For Pakistan, this is 92.
- Next, dial the appropriate area code. There are 100 different Pakistani area codes, so make sure that you’re dialling the right one.
- Finally, dial the telephone number you need to reach.
More Information About Visiting Pakistan
Although the eVisa is not available for Indian nationals at this time, you may want to have a look at our Pakistani eVisas page.
We’ve tried to give you as much information as possible to make your application for the appropriate travel authorisation as an Indian traveller to permit you to enter Pakistan. However, we know that sometimes more advice and guidance is necessary. Therefore, you can check out this page to learn more about travelling to Pakistan.