Whether you’re visiting for tourist purposes, for business or you’re in transit, Malaysian citizens are required to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka. Byevisa can process this for you via a fast and easy application, so you’ll be on your way to start your trip in no time.
Sri Lanka’s dazzling and diverse scenery, pristine beaches, mouth-watering cuisine and fascinating history are more than enough reasons to draw Malaysian travellers to the South Asian country! If you can’t wait to get your trip started, keep reading to find out all about the Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian travellers.
- 1 All About the Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysians
- 2 What Are the Types of Sri Lanka Visa for a Malaysian Passport?
- 3 Sri Lanka Visa From Malaysia Application Process
- 4 Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysians Requirements
- 5 How Much Is a Sri Lanka Visa for a Malaysian?
- 6 Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysian FAQs
- 7 More Information About Visiting Sri Lanka
All About the Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysians
Malaysian passport holders need a travel pass to visit Sri Lanka for short visits, whether it’s for tourism, business or if you’re just stopping over.
You’re eligible to apply via the Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) system, which means you are not required to travel to an embassy or consulate, make an appointment or wait in long lines to get your pass. All you need to do is fill out an online form, which Byevisa can provide, and you’ll be on your way to start your Sri Lanka adventure.
Once approved, your ETA will be valid for visits of up to 30 days from the date of arrival to the island nation. Your pass will be valid for Double Entry, meaning you can enter the country more than once but no more than 2 times during your 30-day stay.
What Are the Types of Sri Lanka Visa for a Malaysian Passport?
It’s important to know that there are 3 types of Sri Lankan visas from Malaysia that you need to consider before you start your application. They include the following options:
- Tourist: double entry for 30 days.
- Business: double entry for 30 days.
- Transit: up to 2 days.
If you are planning to stay in the country for a visit, you’ll need to determine what type of Electronic Visa you will need based on what you plan to do there.
You can choose from the following options, depending on your individual reason for travel:
- Transit eVisa – for when you’re just passing through the country on your way to somewhere else.
- Tourist ETA – includes for purposes such as sightseeing, holidaying, visiting relatives or friends, medical treatment and yoga. Plus, participating in sporting events, competitions and activities related to cultural performance.
- Business ETA – includes for business meetings, seminars, conferences and for a training program lasting less than 1 month. Also, for art, music or dance events or to participate in religious events.
Sri Lanka Visa From Malaysia Application Process
You can complete your application online with Byevisa in just a few simple steps, as we can facilitate your travel pass through our digital system.
To apply for your Sri Lanka visa for Malaysians online, you’ll need an internet connection and your passport nearby as you’ll need to include your information in the form. Make sure you determine whether you need a tourist, business or transit pass before you apply so you can make the correct selection.
The fastest and easiest way to obtain your pass is to get it online. To apply, all you need is the following:
- A passport that’s valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry into the country.
- The details of where you will be staying.
- A valid credit/debit card or PayPal account to pay for your pass.
- A valid email address and phone number.
You do not need to upload any supporting documents. That means you don’t need to make any photocopies/scans or take any photos. You can enter all the necessary information using only your computer keyboard, tablet or mobile phone.
Your travel pass will be sent to your email in as little as 30 minutes after we receive your application, depending on what speed you select at checkout.
Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysians Requirements
To apply for your travel pass, you’ll need to provide personal information, some details about your intended stay, and pay for your pass with a valid credit or debit card or a PayPal account.
If you’re ready to apply for your travel pass, then you can fill out a simple online application that’s available through Byevisa. The application will ask for the following information:
- Your personal details, such as full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, country of birth and occupation.
- Your passport information, including passport number, date of issue and expiry date.
- Your travel information, including your intended arrival date, purpose of visit, flight information and the telephone number of your holiday accommodation.
- Your contact details such as your home address, your address in Sri Lanka, email and phone number.
- Your payment information, including a valid credit/debit card number, expiration date and 3-digit security code, or a PayPal account.
- Your valid passport will need at least 6 months validity remaining after your arrival date.
How Much Is a Sri Lanka Visa for a Malaysian?
The cost varies depending on what visa you need and the speed you want to get it. The Tourist ETA costs 35.00 USD for the visa itself, plus a processing fee. This fee covers our administration costs and a fee for processing the document.
Byevisa offers 3 processing options for you to choose from:
- Standard service: get your visa in 1 business day for 20.00 USD.
- Rapid service: (available soon).
- Highly Rapid service: (available soon).
Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysian FAQs
Please find below helpful answers to some common FAQs. We hope these answers resolve any remaining questions you may have.
How Long Does It Take To Receive My Electronic Travel Pass?
Through Byevisa, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 business day to receive your pass, depending on the processing speed you choose. It is good to plan ahead, but don’t apply too far in advance. You can apply for your ETA no more than 3 months before you wish to enter the country. It is valid for 180 days from the date of issue.
Is My Travel Pass Valid for Multiple Entry?
Both the tourist and the business ETA will grant you a Double Entry. This means that you can enter the country up to 2 times during your 30-day visit. However, it’s important to bear in mind that if you leave and enter a second time, you are not given an extra 30 days. It is possible to apply for an extension of up to 6 months while you are in the country, if this is what you require.
Do I Need to Print My Sri Lanka Visa for a Malaysian?
Yes, it’s a good idea to print and bring your pass with you. Immigration officials should be able to see your ETA when they scan your passport, but it’s best to bring a paper copy just in case.
More Information About Visiting Sri Lanka
If you’d like to find out more, then head over to our Visit Sri Lanka page, which provides useful information from the official currency to details on the main spoken languages here. You can also read our main Sri Lanka ETA page.