Please note that Byevisa is not currently able to process this visa. However, we provide important information about the document below.
Indian tourists flock to the United Kingdom in droves to see the many amazing historical sights and to experience the fascinating attractions that the British Isles have to offer. However, you also need to know as much as possible about obtaining the right kind of travel authorisation for your trip before you go. Failure to apply for the appropriate documentation will lead to you being refused entry on your arrival.
Luckily, you can make your application for your UK visa for Indians online thanks to the convenience of the Byevisa service. Find out everything you need to know about the process here.
- 1 Can Indians Apply for an eVisa for the UK?
- 2 UK Visa Fees for Indians
- 3 What Are the Necessary Documents for the UK Visa for Indians?
- 4 How Does the UK Visa Application for Indians Work?
- 5 Is It Possible to Obtain a Visa on Arrival for Indians in the UK?
- 6 The Facts About the UK Visa for Indians
- 7 More About Travel to the UK
Can Indians Apply for an eVisa for the UK?
Yes! To obtain your tourist travel authorisation for the United Kingdom as an Indian citizen, making your application online is much easier and faster than following the traditional paper format. You can use Byevisa’s convenient online service to apply electronically for your travel authorisation for a more streamlined and swifter option. Please note, the Schengen visa does not allow entry into the UK.
UK Visa Fees for Indians
There are several types of tourist eVisa available for Indian travellers entering the country. The UK visa cost for Indians varies depending on which one you choose. All of the tourist travel authorisations allow for stays of up to 6 months, but they remain valid for different periods of time. You have the following options:
- A Multiple-Entry authorisation that remains valid for 6 months – 119.75 USD.
- A Multiple-Entry authorisation that remains valid for 2 years – 399.00 USD
- A Multiple-Entry authorisation that remains valid for 5 years – 724.50
- A Multiple-Entry authorisation that remains valid for 10 years – 908.00 USD
Bear in mind that Byevisa also charges an additional administration fee to process the paperwork for you.
What Are the Necessary Documents for the UK Visa for Indians?
To apply for the British tourist eVisa as an Indian citizen, you will need to know the UK visa requirements for Indians. You need to supply the following documentation (it must be translated into English or Welsh if it isn’t already):
- A passport with 6 months’ validity remaining on the date of departure from the country, with a blank page to receive the stamp.
- A recent passport photo.
- How much you think your trip will cost, and evidence of financial means to cover the costs, such as a bank statement.
- Information about your annual salary.
- Your trip itinerary, including length of stay and accommodation details.
- Your home address and the length of time you’ve resided there.
- The names and dates of birth of both of your parents.
- A letter from your employer or education provider, if you have stated in your application that you are employed or a full-time student.
- Biometric information, including fingerprints.
Also you may be asked to show:
- Travel history for the past decade (including your old passport).
- Employer details.
- Your partner’s details, including passport number and date of birth.
- The details of anyone who is funding your trip.
- Details of any family residing already in the UK.
- You may need to provide details about your criminal history.
How Does the UK Visa Application for Indians Work?
Indian citizens travelling on a vacation to the United Kingdom can apply in advance for an eVisa via Byevisa. This is a quick, simple and convenient way to ensure you have the appropriate travel authorisation for your trip.
You can make your application online on the Byevisa website. Just choose the right eVisa and click Apply Now before finally entering the following information:
- Your email.
- Your intended entry and exit dates.
- Your full name as it appears on your passport.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality.
- Your birth date.
- The country in which you were born.
- The country where you currently reside.
- The passport number.
- The issue and expiry dates of your passport.
- Your arrival destination.
After completing the above, you choose the speed at which you need the authorization to arrive. We offer Standard, Rapid or Highly Rapid services.
Finally, enter your payment card or PayPal details and submit your application.
Is It Possible to Obtain a Visa on Arrival for Indians in the UK?
No, it’s not. There are a number of countries that issue Indian citizens a Visa on Arrival, however, the United Kingdom is not one of them. Luckily, Byevisa’s service makes it easy to apply for your travel authorisation in advance of your trip.
The Facts About the UK Visa for Indians
We’ve aimed to give you the information you need to make it simpler for you to apply for your UK visa for Indians. However, we know that sometimes you need more details. Read on to find some of the answers to some frequently asked questions.
Is a Personal Interview Necessary for a UK Visit Visa for Indians?
Some Indian tourists may be concerned that they will need to arrange a personal interview when obtaining their tourist visa. Luckily, there’s no cause for concern. So long as your paperwork is in order there’ll usually be no need to attend an interview at a consulate or embassy.
Do Indians Need a Transit Visa for the UK?
If you will be travelling from India to another destination and will be transiting through the UK, you may be wondering whether a transit visa will be required for your trip. In most cases, the answer is yes. You will need to apply for an appropriate transit travel authorisation, even if you will not be leaving the airport.
How Many Indians Live in the UK?
Many Indian citizens have made the United Kingdom their home. At the present time, there are around 1.4 million Indians living all over the UK and this means that they are the largest ethnic minority group in the country.
More About Travel to the UK
With any luck, we have given you the details you need to make your UK eVisa application as an Indian tourist. However, you may want more information. If so, visit our page about visiting the United Kingdom here.
Alternatively, read our page about the United Kingdom’s ETA visa waiver if you’re visiting as an EU or GCC citizen.