When it comes to organising your next adventure, you need to learn about the travel paperwork that needs to be completed before you travel. Getting a Cambodia visa for Canadian tourists is one of the steps you need to take before your trip begins, and Byevisa is here to guide you through the online application process.
Byevisa is a service that works for tourists and provides information and applications for people when they want to travel to a new destination. Read our guide to find out more about the visa for Cambodia from Canada as well as learning the answers to many of the most commonly asked travel questions.
- 1 Do I Need A Visa for Cambodia From Canada?
- 2 How Do I Apply for a Cambodia Travel Visa as a Canadian Traveller?
- 3 Requirements for a Cambodia Visa – Canada Passport Holders
- 4 What is the Cost for a Cambodia Visa for Canada Passport Holders?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 More Details for Visitors to Cambodia
Do I Need A Visa for Cambodia From Canada?
If you are trying to find out if you need a Canada to Cambodia visa, the answer is yes, you do. The current system allows you to apply for an electronic authorisation that is valid for 90 days and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days in total.
Byevisa makes getting the Cambodia eVisa easy. Canadian citizens simply need to complete the application form, provide the information requested and pay before you get sent your documentation directly to your inbox.
How Do I Apply for a Cambodia Travel Visa as a Canadian Traveller?
Applying for your Cambodia visa from Canada could not be easier. Simply fill out the following details on the Byevisa application to get the ball rolling:
- A valid email address that we can send your documentation to.
- Your trip start and end dates.
- A current contact number that we can call you on.
- Your first, middle and last names.
- Your birthplace, birth date and gender.
- The country you reside in and your nationality.
- Your passport details that include your passport number, issue and expiration dates.
- The port you are going to arrive at.
Once you have completed the application form, you need to upload a scan of your passport details page as well as a passport photo.
The required Cambodia visa photo size for Canada tourists is 5 cm x 5 cm and must show your head in the centre with your head measuring between 2.5 cm to 3.5cm from your chin to your forehead, the photo file should be no bigger than 1MB and the pixel requirements are 400 x 600 (minimum) to 800 x 1200 (maximum).
When all your application tasks are complete, you need to use a valid debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay the visa charge and processing fees so that we can set to work on getting your authorisation sorted.
Requirements for a Cambodia Visa – Canada Passport Holders
When you arrive in the country, you must pass some immigration checks before you are allowed to enter. To pass these checks, you need to meet the Cambodia visa requirements for Canadian citizens as listed below:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive in the country.
- You need to take 2 printed copies of your e-Visa to show officials.
- Evidence of your onward travel is required and must tie in with the validity period of your eVisa.
- You need to show that you have sufficient funds to cover your trip and can use bank statements, cash or travellers checks and credit cards to do so.
- It is also wise to pack proof of your accommodation in case you are asked to provide it.
Ensuring that you adhere to all the requirements means that you can pass through immigration ready to enjoy your trip.
What is the Cost for a Cambodia Visa for Canada Passport Holders?
When you apply for your Cambodia tourist visa for Canadian citizens, you need to pay a charge for the visa itself as well as a nominal processing fee to Byevisa. The current fees are broken down below:
- The Cambodia visa for Canadian cost is currently 36 USD.
Byevisa offers 3 different processing speeds, allowing you to select the time that suits your needs the best:
- Standard: 4 business days.
- Rapid 2 business days.
- Highly Rapid 24 hours.
Please note that Byevisa cannot process your travel visa for Cambodia from Canada until you have made the full payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Arranging travel plans can result in you having plenty of questions that you need to have answered before you travel. We have taken the most frequently asked questions and answered them below so that you can plan with minimal stress and fuss.
Can I Get A Cambodia Visa on Arrival as a Canadian Tourist?
Yes, you can apply when you arrive in the country, but this process takes longer than if you have prearranged your eVisa, and the queues can result in delays to you being able to enjoy the start of your holiday. Therefore, we would advise that you use the electronic application system for a smoother start to your travels.
How Long is the Flight to Canada From Cambodia?
There are very few direct flights between these countries, and so flight times can vary depending on layover times. However, most flights are completed within 22 hours in total, meaning that you have plenty of time to relax in the air before heading into the country.
There are 2 main international airports in Cambodia: Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airport. Canada has over 15 international airports, which means that you can shop around to find the best flight deals and times before you book your holiday travel.
If I Need Help When I Am on Holiday, Who Can I Contact?
In the unlikely event that you require consular assistance when you are on holiday, then you can contact the Canadian embassy. However, if you require emergency support for crime or medical emergencies, then you can use the following numbers when you are in the country:
- Police Emergencies – 117
- Fire Emergencies – 118
- Medical Emergencies – 119
More Details for Visitors to Cambodia
If you need more information on Cambodia, then click here to go to our dedicated page. You can find a wide range of useful information so that you can feel fully prepared for your trip. You can also learn more about visiting Cambodia here too.