19th Ave New York, NY 95822, USA

Hong Kong Visa for Indians

Hong Kong Visa for Indians

With its colonial history and close ties with China, Hong Kong is an enchanting fusion of east meets west. However, there are some requirements that you need to fulfil before being granted entry to the country by border control.

If you’re an Indian citizen travelling to this wonderful destination on vacation, obtaining the right type of travel authorisation is vital. Luckily, Byevisa can provide a helping hand to assist you with getting the necessary documentation quickly and easily.

Do Indians Need a Visa for Hong Kong?

Hong Kong (HK) permits visa-free entry to a number of countries around the world, including India. This means that there’s no requirement to obtain a full visa for entry – providing you have completed the Pre-Arrival Registration. This is an electronic form of permission to enter the country which is much quicker and easier to obtain than a full entry visa.

If you arrive in HK without a valid Pre-Arrival Registration slip, you will not be permitted to enter. Apply for yours with Byevisa and we send it straight to your email inbox.

If you don’t qualify for Pre-Arrival Registration, Indian passport holders need to obtain a full entry visa to travel to Hong Kong.

How Do I Get a Hong Kong Tourist Visa for Indians?

Indians arriving in the country for periods of 14 days or less on vacation can obtain a Pre-Arrival Registration document which must be shown to the immigration authorities on arrival. Indian citizens can apply for this in advance online thanks to Byevisa’s convenient processing service, so you can enjoy a simple way to obtain the necessary paperwork.

Simply click on ‘Apply for PAR’ below, enter all of the required information and pay the required fee using your PayPal account or credit or debit card. It couldn’t be easier!

Which Documents are Necessary for a Pre-Arrival Slip?

The only document you will require for a Pre-Arrival slip is a valid passport. You need to ensure that you complete the Byevisa application for your Pre-Arrival Registration with exactly the same information as that provided in your Indian passport. You must then print out the notification slip on plain white A4 paper, sign it and bring it with you on your trip.

Is There a Hong Kong e-Visa for Indian Passport Holders?

The eVisa process is not quite the same in Hong Kong as in many other countries as it’s not a full entry visa that is applied for. Instead, the travel documentation that can be applied for online is known as Pre-Arrival Registration. This permits entry to HK for up to 14 days at a time, and negates the need for a full visa to be obtained.

In order to obtain Pre-Arrival Registration it’s essential to input your details exactly as they appear on your passport. Failing to do this could result in the process being unsuccessful, or you being refused entry when you arrive at Hong Kong with your authority slip.

Is There a Hong Kong Visa on Arrival for Indians?

There is no facility for Indian passport holders to apply for a Visa on Arrival when visiting HK. Any traveller turning up without the proper documentation will be returned to their original destination and may jeopardise future trips to the country.

Indian passport holders must therefore make sure they have obtained a Pre-Arrival Registration before travelling to Hong Kong.

Questions About the Hong Kong Visa Form for Indians

The Hong Kong visa application process is a little different than what you may find in many countries. Some of the most frequently asked questions have been collated below for easy reference.

How Quick is the Process for a Hong Kong Visa for Indians Online?

The online process is for Pre-Arrival Registrations. Byevisa provides a form which is very quick to complete. Once you have completed the necessary information and paid your fee, Byevisa will quickly process the paperwork for you. Our fees start as low as 20.00 USD, and you can obtain your PAR as rapidly as within 24 hours.

Do Children Need to Complete a Pre-Arrival Registration Application?

Every citizen who wishes to visit Hong Kong while holding an Indian passport needs to submit a completed Pre-Arrival Registration application. This includes children, but these may be submitted by their parents on their behalf.

Can I Get Single Entry or Multiple Entry Applications for Hong Kong?

The online Pre-Arrival Registration process is valid for a 6-month period. During this time, you may enter Hong Kong multiple times for periods of up to 14 days each.

After 14 days have elapsed you must leave HK, but you are permitted to enter again using the same Pre-Arrival Registration slip providing the 6-month period hasn’t elapsed. You only need to register for authorisation again if you want to visit HK and the 6-month time limit has expired.

You cannot stay for longer than 14 days at a time with this type of travel documentation, and no work is permitted.

Do Indians Need a Transit Visa for Hong Kong?

If you are not entering Hong Kong and are only arriving by air, the process is completely different. Providing you remain within the transit area and do not attempt to go through border control, there is no requirement for Indians to obtain any kind of transit visa nor apply for a Pre-Arrival Registration.

What Happens if the Hong Kong Visa for Indian Arrival Registration is Unsuccessful?

If Pre-Arrival Registration is unsuccessful for any reason, we’ll send you an email notifying you of the reason why. You can then use this information to amend your application and apply again. Please note that, in this case, you have to pay the appropriate fee too.

Looking for More Information Before You Travel?

Byevisa have helped many Indian passport holders travel successfully all over the world. For expert advice and guidance with your visa application, including the Pre-Arrival Registration documentation, apply today.

You can visit our page about the Kong Kong tourist visa to get more vital guidance about applying for the correct travel authorisation for you. Also, find out more about visiting Hong Kong here.

Related Answers

Rate this
0/5 - 0 votes