Heading off on an Indian vacation is something that many Australians dream of, whether to visit the beach resorts of Goa or the historical and cultural attractions like the Taj Mahal.
If you’re planning your own trip to India, though, you need to ensure you arrange the right travel authorisation before you go. Australians visiting India for any purpose need to obtain a visa to permit them to enter the country.
Luckily, Australian travellers can benefit from Byevisa’s convenient online application process to obtain their eVisa. There’s no need to go to an embassy or consulate in Australia to obtain the necessary paperwork. Instead, with Byevisa you can apply for your eVisa from any electronic device and obtain it by email, so read on to learn more about how to go about applying.
- 1 Do I Need a Visa for India From Australia?
- 2 How Much is a Visa for India From Australia?
- 3 Which Documents Are Needed for a Tourist Visa for India From Australia?
- 4 How to Apply for a Visa for India From Australia
- 5 How Long is the Visitor Visa for India From Australia Valid?
- 6 The Facts About Getting a Visa for India From Australia
- 7 More Information About the Travel Visa for India From Australia
Do I Need a Visa for India From Australia?
The brief answer to this question is yes. All Australians need to obtain an eVisa to enter India whether on vacation or travelling for another purpose.
How Much is a Visa for India From Australia?
The visa for India from Australia cost varies depending on the validity period of the eVisa that you’re applying for. The government’s fees include:
- 30-day tourist eVisa – 26 USD.
- 1-year tourist eVisa – 41 USD.
- 5-year tourist eVisa – 82 USD.
Byevisa also charges a processing fee on top of these government fees for handling the paperwork on your behalf. The price varies depending on how fast you want to obtain your travel pass.
Which Documents Are Needed for a Tourist Visa for India From Australia?
When applying for your eVisa you need to supply certain documentation with your application. This includes:
- A scan of your passport’s photo and data pages.
- A passport-style digital photo.
Your Australian passport must fit the following requirements:
- Minimum of 6 months’ validity remaining after the date you enter the country.
- 2 blank passport pages.
How to Apply for a Visa for India From Australia
In order to obtain your eVisa for India from Australia you need to make your application in advance. Byevisa makes it very easy and quick to do this thanks to our online portal.
Simply select the right authorisation to suit your needs, enter your details and upload the necessary documentation. You need to supply certain personal details including:
- Your last, middle and first names.
- Place and date of birth.
- Passport details.
- Home address, email and phone number.
You then enter your PayPal address or card details to pay the necessary fee. You can choose how quickly you need your document to arrive. You can select our Standard, Rapid or Highly Rapid service to suit your needs.
When your eVisa is issued, it will be sent to your email address. You must then print it out and take it with you on holiday.
On your arrival you will need to show the eVisa. You may also need to show the authorities your return ticket or onward journey ticket and that you have enough money to support you during your stay. Biometric information will also be taken on your arrival.
How Long is the Visitor Visa for India From Australia Valid?
The validity period of your tourist travel authorisation depends on which one you’ve chosen:
- The 1-month eVisa can be used for up to a month after issue. It permits 2 entries into the country.
- A 1-year eVisa can be used for up to 1 year after issue. It permits multiple entries into the country. A continuous stay cannot be for longer than 90 days.
- A 5-year eVisa can be used for up to 5 years after issue. It permits multiple entries into the country. A continuous stay cannot be for longer than 90 days.
The Facts About Getting a Visa for India From Australia
We’ve hopefully given you the facts you need about obtaining a travel authorisation for your upcoming Indian holiday. However, should you need any further information, read on and find the answers to the frequently asked questions.
Is There a Visa on Arrival for India From Australia?
Although the citizens of some countries are able to obtain their travel authorisation when they arrive in India, Australians do not have this option. Therefore, you need to make your application in advance, which Byevisa can help you with. This is a quicker and better option anyway as it involves no waiting in queues at the airport.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Visa for India From Australia?
When you use Byevisa’s convenient service, you can receive your eVisa quite quickly. However, you should still leave enough time to ensure you receive your document before you’re due to travel.
For the 1-year or 5-year eVisas, you can apply as early as 120 days before your trip. For the 30-day eVisa, you can apply as early as 30 days in advance.
Byevisa offers 3 speed options – Standard (get it in 5 business days), Rapid (3 business days) and Highly Rapid (2 business days) to ensure you receive your document in plenty of time.
How Many Australians Live in India?
There is a small but thriving Australian expat community in India. At present, it stands at around 4000 people.
How to Call India From Australia
You may need to know how to place a telephone call to an Indian number from Australia.
- First, dial 0011. This is the code to dial outside your home country.
- Next, dial 91. This is the Indian country code.
- Then, dial the area code and the number you are trying to contact in order to get through.
More Information About the Travel Visa for India From Australia
With the above information, you can make your application for your Indian travel authorisation. However, for further guidance, visit our Indian visas page by clicking here.
Find more details about travelling to India here.