India is a popular tourist destination for UK travellers thanks to the many wonderful historical and cultural sights they can visit. However, without the right travel eVisa, British tourists won’t be permitted entry to the country on their arrival.
Luckily, the good news is that the Indian authorities have moved the entire application process for British visitors online, so you can easily obtain your tourist visa through the Byevisa website. We can process your travel visa paperwork on your behalf so you can set off on holiday with complete peace of mind.
- 1 Do I Need a Visa for India From the UK?
- 2 How Much is a Visa for India From the UK?
- 3 Which Documents are Needed for the Visa Application for India From the UK?
- 4 How to Get a Visa for India From the UK
- 5 How Long is the E Visa for India From the UK Valid?
- 6 Visa for India From the UK Online Application FAQ
- 7 Further Details About the Visa for India From the UK
Do I Need a Visa for India From the UK?
The brief answer to this is, yes, you require an appropriate travel authorisation to enter India as a UK traveller. Fortunately, getting a visa for India from the UK needn’t be a challenge with Byevisa.
Simply select the right authorisation for your needs, complete your details, pay the fee and your authorisation will be sent directly to your email inbox. Just print it and you’re ready to head off.
How Much is a Visa for India From the UK?
The cost of a visa for India from the UK varies depending on which type you choose. There are 3 different tourist options available:
- Double Entry – valid up to 30 days – 26.00 USD (10.00 USD in off-season, from April to June).
- Multiple Entry – valid up to 1 year – 41.00 USD – maximum stay of 180 days for each visit.
- Multiple Entry – valid up to 5 years – 82.00 USD – maximum stay of 180 days for each visit.
Byevisa charges an additional administration fee for processing your application, which starts as low as 35.00 USD.
Which Documents are Needed for the Visa Application for India From the UK?
When you make your application you need to supply certain documentation. This includes:
- A scanned copy in PDF format of your passport’s bio page, showing photograph and personal details.
- Digital passport photo in JPEG format. You are not permitted to wear glasses in the photo.
- A copy of a letter from an organisation on its official letterhead if you’re going to be doing volunteer work or a short course during your stay.
For minors aged under 16 years, the following is also necessary:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate that shows both parents’ names.
- A consent letter signed by both parents.
- A copy of both parents’ passports.
- A copy of the parents’ current Indian visa (if one is held).
- A child custody letter in the case of divorced parents.
- A Child Benefit letter and Solicitor’s letter for single parents.
Note that if you are applying for a 5-year eVisa, you are required to provide biometric information in order to obtain your travel document. You also need proof that you’ve had a yellow fever vaccination if you’re travelling from an at-risk country.
How to Get a Visa for India From the UK
You can apply for your Indian eVisa on the Byevisa website. Simply select the appropriate eVisa option to suit your needs and complete the required personal details including:
- Your name (both surname and first names).
- Your birth date.
- Place of birth.
- Address of your accommodation during your stay.
- Passport details.
- Your nationality.
- Your home address, telephone number and email address.
- The dates of your trip.
Once all the details have been completed and your documentation has been uploaded, you can then select how rapidly you receive your authorisation. Byevisa offers Standard (5 business day), Rapid (3 business day) and Highly Rapid (2 business day) services to suit your needs.
All that is left to do is fill in your payment information using your credit or debit card or PayPal account. When your document is authorised, you receive your eVisa in your email inbox. Just print it out and take it to show the authorities on your arrival.
How Long is the E Visa for India From the UK Valid?
The validity period of your eVisa depends on which one you choose:
- There is a short-stay eVisa which is valid for 30 days and allows you to enter the country 2 separate times during that time.
- There are 2 longer-stay visas; one is valid for 1 year, while the other is valid for 5 years. Both of these longer-stay tourist eVisas allow you to stay for up to 180 days per trip.
Visa for India From the UK Online Application FAQ
Hopefully, we’ve told you all you need to know to make your eVisa application for an Indian travel authorisation from the UK. However, read on to learn more answers to commonly asked questions.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Visa for India From the UK?
It’s advised that you apply for your eVisa at least a week before you intend to travel to India from the UK. If you’re applying for a 1-year or 5-year eVisa, you can make your application as early as 120 days in advance, and if you’re applying for the 30-day eVisa you can apply 30 days in advance of your trip for your peace of mind.
Is India Safe for UK Travellers?
Countless British tourists visit India every year and enjoy a safe and trouble-free vacation. It is very important to take precautions to remain safe, however:
- Avoid travelling alone, especially if you’re a woman, and make sure you keep your personal belongings close to you at all times, especially if travelling on public transport like trains.
- Avoid unsafe modes of transport such as mopeds and scooters, and don’t hail taxi cabs on the street.
As long as you stay in tourist areas and remain vigilant, you should have no problems and enjoy a wonderful experience in this beautiful country.
What are the Photo Requirements for an Indian Visa from the UK?
As well as the photo in your passport, you also need to upload a digital photo along with your application. It must be in JPEG format and be a minimum of 10KB and a maximum of 1MB with an equal height and width.
The photo should show your full face from the front with your eyes open and wearing no eyewear. Your head should be centred in the frame and everything from the top of your hair to the bottom of your chin must be visible.
The background must be white or plain and light in colour. There must be no borders or shadows on the background or your face.
How to Call India From the UK
To call India from the UK you need to follow this procedure:
- Dial 00 (the international access code).
- Dial 91 (this is the country code).
- Dial the area code.
- Dial the local number.
Further Details About the Visa for India From the UK
We hope we’ve given you the information you need to make your eVisa application for your upcoming trip. However, if you require more advice, check out our Indian visas page by clicking here. You can also read our visit India section here too.