Planning on going to India on vacation and need help getting your travel authorisation organised? Look no further, Byevisa is here to guide you. Visiting this country means that you will get to see the Taj Mahal and the Amber Fort as well as travel along the famous train routes, but to get there you need to apply for an Indian tourist visa from Canada.
Getting the right paperwork completed does not need to be a chore, and by using Byevisa’s simple online application system, you can be ready to go on the vacation of a lifetime. Read our handy guide and learn more about the application process for an Indian e-Visa from Canada.
Indian Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
Any Canadian wanting to visit India needs a visa to do so. The good news is that in 2014 the Indian government launched the eVisa system for tourists to apply online for their authorisation. This means that you can get your documents processed and delivered electronically before you begin your vacation, giving you the peace of mind that you will be welcomed into the country on arrival.
There are 3 different e-Visa applications you can choose from: a 30-day Double Entry, a 1-year Multiple Entry or a 5-year Multiple Entry. With the 1-year and 5-year options, you are permitted to stay in the country for a maximum of 180 days, spread out over as many trips as you would like to make.
Apply for an Indian Visa From Canada
You need to apply for your Indian visa for Canadian citizens in advance of your trip as the system that is in place requires you to print off and take the successful application with you to be allowed entry into the country.
When you are ready to apply for your Indian visitor visa from Canada, you need to submit the following information:
- A current email address (this is where your eVisa will be delivered).
- Your intended arrival date.
- Your intended exit date.
- A current phone number.
- A passport photo that is no more than 1mb in size and that has equal height and width with no border. It must be of your head only on a light background, and you cannot wear glasses.
- A scan of your passport details page.
- Full name, gender and nationality.
- Your birthday and birthplace.
- Current place of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport issue and expiry dates.
- Place of arrival.
When you have completed this information, you can choose to add other travellers to your application before completing and submitting your application.
Requirements for Indian Visa Application From Canada
In addition to completing your Indian visa online application from Canada, you also need to be aware of the following requirements when you are travelling to this country:
- The eVisa cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- You must carry your e-Visa with you at all times during your travel to the country.
- There are 28 airports and 5 seaports that will allow you entry, but you can exit through any of the Immigration Check Posts when your visit comes to an end.
- Your passport must have 6 months’ validity left on it from the date you arrive.
- You must have 2 blank pages in your passport for the entry and exit stamps.
- You must use the same passport to enter the country as you did to apply for your eVisa.
- You must have a return ticket or proof of onward travel as well as enough funds to cover your vacation.
What is the Indian Visa Fee From Canada?
The Indian visa fee from Canada depends on the visa you choose to apply for. The current prices are as follows:
- 30-day Double Entry 26 USD.
- 1-year Multiple Entry 41 USD.
- 5-year Multiple Entry 82 USD.
In addition to the application fee, you are also required to pay a processing fee to Byevisa. There are 3 options to choose from, and they are based on the speed in which you need to get your travel authorisation processed. You can choose from Standard (5 business days), Rapid (3 business days) and Highly Rapid (2 business days). The processing fee is due with the application fee. You can use your valid credit/debit card or PayPal account to provide payment information at the end of the application.
Find Out More – Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that you are feeling more confident about your trip to India after reading our guide. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions and answered them below to help you plan and prepare for your upcoming vacation.
Do I Need A Transit Visa for India?
If you are transiting through the country and won’t be leaving the transit area of the airport or seaport, then you do not require any travel authorisation for this country.
Do Minors Need a Visa to Travel?
Yes, anyone travelling to the country needs approved travel authorisation to enter. The good news is that you can process the paperwork for your entire party on the Byevisa site to save you time and hassle.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Indian Visitor Visa From Canada?
Yes, if you are living in Canada but are an Indian of Pakistani origin or have a passport from Pakistan, then you must apply for your travel authorisation in person at the embassy. This rule applies to anyone who is a Pakistani national, their children or grandchildren.
Also, you cannot apply online for travel authorisation if you do not hold an ordinary passport (a passport issued to a citizen of the country as opposed to a government official), nor if you have other individuals registered on your passport. Each traveller must have an individual passport to be able to apply online.
Find Out More About Travelling to India
If you are keen to find out more about getting the right paperwork in place before you travel click here to visit our dedicated Indian eVisa page.
Travellers to India can learn more about visiting the country here.