If you’re a Canadian travelling to Indonesia on a holiday, you need to know whether or not you need a travel authorisation to take with you to allow you to legally enter the country.
Byevisa is your travel authorisation specialist, so you can rely on us to give you all the advice you need before you set off on your trip. Read on to learn everything you need to know about the Indonesia visa for Canadian citizens.
- 1 Do I Need an Indonesia Visa for Canadian Citizens?
- 2 Obtaining an Indonesia Visa on Arrival as a Canadian Citizen
- 3 What Are the Indonesia Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
- 4 Do Canadian Citizens Need a Visa for Indonesia to Stay for More Than 30 Days?
- 5 What Are the Requirements to Travel to Indonesia for More than 30 Days?
- 6 How Long Does it Take to Obtain an Indonesia Visa?
- 7 What Does the Travel Visa for Indonesia From Canada Cost?
- 8 Tourist Visa From Canada For Indonesia FAQs
- 9 Additional Information About Travel to Indonesia
Do I Need an Indonesia Visa for Canadian Citizens?
The good news for any Canadians who want to travel on an Indonesian holiday is that there is no need to obtain any type of travel authorisation as long as you’re only staying in the country for a period of 30 days or less and are travelling for one of the approved reasons, which include tourism, family or social visits, and art or cultural reasons.
If you intend to stay for a longer period of time, you must make an application for a visit visa for Indonesia from Canada.
Obtaining an Indonesia Visa on Arrival as a Canadian Citizen
Instead of a Visa on Arrival, Canadian citizens are eligible to receive the Free Visit Stamp on arrival and enter the country without needing to apply for a travel authorisation in advance. This is true as long as you are only travelling for tourism or one of the other approved purposes and are staying for a maximum of 30 days.
This stamp can be obtained by simply presenting your passport and onward ticket to the authorities when going through immigration at one of the authorised entry points and receiving the relevant stamp that allows for legal entry into the country.
What Are the Indonesia Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
On arrival, you need to present the following documents to the immigration authorities to gain entry to the country legally:
- Your passport, valid for more than 6 months after you leave Indonesia.
- Your return or onward travel ticket with travel date within 30 days of arrival.
Do Canadian Citizens Need a Visa for Indonesia to Stay for More Than 30 Days?
Yes. If you plan to stay for longer than 30 days, you need to apply for a valid travel authorisation. This is known as a visit visa and allows travellers to remain in the country for tourism purposes for up to 60 days. It must be used within a 90-day period of its issue.
What Are the Requirements to Travel to Indonesia for More than 30 Days?
To obtain your visit visa you must supply:
- Your passport with 6 months’ validity remaining from the intended length of stay.
- Your completed application form.
- A recent colour passport photo on a white background.
- A copy of a round-trip airline ticket.
- A bank draft or money order for the fee.
- A self-addressed envelope to return the document.
- A bank statement or letter providing that you have a minimum of 2,000 CAD in your account.
You can apply for this document in person, by courier or by post.
How Long Does it Take to Obtain an Indonesia Visa?
You can obtain a Free Visit Stamp on arrival in the country, so there is no processing time. When it comes to the visit visa, you need to apply a minimum of 10 business days before travelling. You must use the visa within 90 days of its issuance date.
What Does the Travel Visa for Indonesia From Canada Cost?
The Free Visit Stamp costs you nothing as a Canadian citizen. You simply present your valid passport and onward travel ticket at one of the authorised border points and receive the stamp without any need for payment.
Should you need a visit visa, this type of travel authorisation costs you 70 CAD. It is a Single Entry travel authorisation and allows you to visit for up to 60 days.
Tourist Visa From Canada For Indonesia FAQs
We hope we have helped you by supplying enough information to allow you to make your travel authorisation application should you require one. However, should you need any other answers, read on and learn more about this type of travel authorisation.
Which Indonesia Vaccinations Do Canadian Citizens Require?
When travelling overseas, vaccinations are often recommended to stay safe during your trip. When you’re travelling to this destination, you should always ensure that your standard vaccinations, including rabies and measles, are up to date. You should also make sure that you receive typhoid and hepatitis A vaccinations before travelling.
Speak to your doctor about your travel plans. You may also be advised to protect yourself against hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis and malaria.
How to Call Indonesia From Canada
If you need to call your hotel or travel provider in Indonesia, you’ll need to know how to place a call from Canada. Simply follow this procedure:
- Dial 011 – this is the exit code.
- Dial 62 – this is the country code.
- Dial the area code (there are 25 Indonesian area codes, so ensure you have the correct one).
- Dial the number you wish to contact.
What Is the Canada to Indonesia Flight Time?
If you are flying between these 2 countries, you need to know the flight time you can expect for your journey. The precise length of your flight varies depending on the airline that you choose and the cities that you are travelling between. However, you can expect the flight time to be around 20 – 21 hours.
Additional Information About Travel to Indonesia
We hope that you now have all the vital information you require to allow you to start planning your trip to Indonesia and arranging the necessary travel authorisations.
Nevertheless, we know that sometimes, further help is necessary. For any further guidance and helpful advice, check out our visit Indonesia page here.