If you are planning to head off to East Africa for an adventure, then it is important to first find out if you need a Kenya visa for Canadian travellers. These processes can be hard to work out as there is lots of conflicting advice. However, Byevisa is here to help with the most up-to-date and relevant information.
We have shared the Kenya visa for Canadian citizen requirements along with the answers to some of the most asked questions. Once you have read our information you should be clear on what you need to do and when you need to do it, so that you can focus on getting excited about your upcoming trip.
Does a Canadian Need a Visa to Visit Kenya?
Yes, you need a visa to Kenya from Canada if you are heading there on holiday. The authorisations that are issued by the Kenyan government are valid for up to 90 days so that you can spend lots of time exploring this destination.
In 2015, the Kenyan government announced an eVisa for Kenya from Canada, making the application process easier than ever before. You can apply directly through Byevisa so that your travel documents arrive in your email inbox before you head off on your adventure.
Kenya Visa Application for Canadians
When it comes to applying for a visa for Kenya for Canadian citizens, you just need to fill out Byevisa’s application form. This process is quick and easy, allowing you to apply for yourself and any other people travelling with you.
To start, simply enter the following details into the online application form:
- Current email address (this is where we send your documentation).
- The dates of your trip.
- A phone number that we can reach you on.
- Your first, middle and surname.
- Your gender.
- Your birthday and place of birth.
- Your country of residence and nationality.
- Your passport number, issue date and expiry date.
- Your port of arrival into Kenya.
Once you have completed the application form, you need to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Your passport data page.
- A passport photo.
- Proof of your accommodation.
- Your travel confirmation.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Once you have organised your travel authorisation, you must adhere to the entry requirements when you arrive. The current requirements for Canadian citizens are as follows:
- You must print your eVisa and keep it with you for inspection on arrival.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter the country.
- Byevisa advises that you take proof of onward travel and proof of accommodation to show if it is requested.
Cost of a Visa for Kenya
You are expected to pay a visa fee to the Kenyan government to cover your application costs and a small processing fee to Byevisa for submitting and managing your application on your behalf.
The current fee for the Single Entry visa is 53 USD, but this fee is waived for children under 16.
There are 3 processing speeds for you to choose from so that you can be certain that your documentation arrives in time for you to print it off before you travel:
- Standard – 5 business days
- Rapid – 2 business days
- Highly Rapid – 2 hours
Once you have selected the processing time you want and paid the required costs, then Byevisa begins working on your application, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your trip.
Your Questions Answered
We understand that as well as obtaining your authorisation, you must have other questions that you want answers to before you travel. We have taken the most commonly asked questions and answered them so that you can plan your trip easily.
Can I Extend My Stay in Kenya?
If you want to extend your Kenya tourist visa, Canadian citizens must apply at the immigration headquarters that is located in Nairobi. The maximum time you can spend in the country is 6 months, and your visa cannot be extended past this time.
Can I Get a Kenya Visa on Arrival for Canadian Citizens?
Yes, you are able to apply for a VoA that is valid for 90 days. However, you may find yourself having to queue for a long time to wait to be processed by the immigration team. We would urge you to apply for your documents before you travel so that you do not face any difficulties on arrival and can just have your e-Visa checked before you enter the country.
What Is the Time Difference Between Kenya and Canada?
Canada has multiple time zones, so we have taken the most requested and listed the time differences for you below:
- Ottawa – 7 hours difference.
- Alberta – 9 hours difference.
- British Columbia – 10 hours difference.
- Manitoba – 8 hours difference.
- New Brunswick – 6 hours difference.
- Newfoundland – 5.5 hours difference.
- Nova Scotia – 6 hours difference.
- Ontario – 7 hours difference.
- Quebec – 7 hours difference.
How to Call Kenya From Canada Before You Travel
If you want to make a call to this destination before you leave home, then you simply need to follow these instructions:
- Dial the international exit code – 011.
- Enter the country code – 254.
- Dial the full number of the place you are calling.
- You then need to wait for the call to be connected.
If, when you are in the country, you want to call Canada, you need to do the following:
- Dial the international exit code – 000.
- Dial the country code – 1.
- Dial the area code and the phone number.
- Wait for the call to be connected.
It is important to remember that international calls cost more than local calls, so make sure you have enough credit before you dial out.
More Information About the Kenya eVisa
If you want to access even more information about the Kenya eVisa, then you can click here to access our dedicated page. Alternatively, click here for our page about visiting Kenya too.