Vietnam is a popular up-and-coming tourist destination for Canadian citizens. If you’re planning to experience the fascinating culture of this beautiful country or see the bright lights of Ho Chi Minh City, you need to apply for the right travel authorisation to allow you to legally enter without any worries about being turned back at the border.
Byevisa is on hand to help you with the online application process. This way, you can set off on your holiday without any concerns or difficulties, ready to enjoy a fantastic time with no need to worry about obtaining your paperwork on your arrival.
- 1 Do I Need a Visa to Visit Vietnam From Canada?
- 2 What Is the Validity Period of a Vietnam Visa From Canada?
- 3 What is the Vietnam Visa From Canada Cost?
- 4 How Do I Apply for a Visa for Vietnam From Canada?
- 5 What Are the Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
- 6 What Kind of Photos are Required for the Vietnam Visa Application in Canada?
- 7 How to Get a Visa for Vietnam From Canada
- 8 More Answers About Applying for a Vietnam Tourist Visa in Canada
- 9 More About Applying for the Vietnam Tourist Visa
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Vietnam From Canada?
If you are visiting Vietnam as a Canadian citizen, you need to apply for the correct travel authorisation before setting off on your trip. The good news is that this is an electronic document or eVisa with a convenient and speedy online application process through Byevisa’s website. This means you can have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have your travel document to hand when you arrive at your destination.
What Is the Validity Period of a Vietnam Visa From Canada?
This document has a validity period of 30 days from the date of issue and allows you to remain in the country for a maximum of 30 days.
What is the Vietnam Visa From Canada Cost?
When you make your application for a Vietnam visa from Canada, you must pay a fee to the Vietnamese government for processing the document. This fee is currently 25 USD.
When you apply through Byevisa, we charge you a small additional administration fee for handling the paperwork on your behalf. This fee varies depending on the speed at which you wish to receive your issued document, from 25 USD to 90 USD.
The Standard processing time takes 5 working days, the Rapid processing speed takes 4 working days and the Highly Rapid processing speed takes 3 business days, so you can be confident of receiving your paperwork in good time for you to set off on your trip.
How Do I Apply for a Visa for Vietnam From Canada?
To apply for a visa to Vietnam from Canada, you must complete a simple online process. You must:
- Complete your personal details.
- Upload a passport photo and the scanned bio page of your passport.
- Choose how quickly you wish to receive your paperwork.
- Pay the fee using your credit or debit card.
You then receive an email containing your official Approval Letter issued by the Vietnamese Immigration, in the processing timeframe you selected. You must print out this letter and bring it with you along with your passport to show the Immigration Office when you arrive at the airport.
What Are the Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens?
To obtain your Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity remaining after your intended arrival date in the country, and with blank pages for stamps.
- You need to submit a 4 x 6cm portrait photograph of you looking straight ahead and wearing no glasses.
- You must provide a scan of your full passport data page including your photograph, ICAO lines and personal data.
- You need valid a email address to receive your emailed document.
- You must have a credit or debit card to pay the necessary fee.
What Kind of Photos are Required for the Vietnam Visa Application in Canada?
You must provide a 4 x 6cm passport photograph along with your Vietnamese eVisa application. This photograph must show you looking straight ahead and wearing no spectacles. You must also upload your passport’s data page including its photograph.
How to Get a Visa for Vietnam From Canada
To obtain the Canada to Vietnam visa there are several questions you must answer. The details you need to supply include:
- Your first and last names.
- Your nationality.
- Your valid email address.
- Your telephone number.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport expiry date.
- The dates you intend to travel.
There are 33 different entry and exit points for holders of the Vietnamese eVisa. They include 8 airports, 15 different landports and 9 different seaports. You can find the full list on our Vietnam visas page here.
More Answers About Applying for a Vietnam Tourist Visa in Canada
If you’re going on a Vietnamese holiday as a Canadian citizen, you should now know how to go about applying for the appropriate travel authorisation to permit you to enter the country. However, should you need more answers to your questions, read on and discover everything you need to know.
How Many Canadian Citizens Live in Vietnam?
There are currently around 1,500 to 2,000 Canadian citizens who live full-time in Vietnam. However, many more come here on holiday every year to see the beautiful sights of this Asian destination.
Who Can Benefit From a Vietnam Visa Exemption in Canada?
If you are a Canadian who is the spouse or child of a Vietnamese citizen, you can make an application for a Visa Exemption Certificate. This remains valid for 5 years and allows you to enter the country multiple times, each time for a period of up to 6 months.
Is Vietnam Safe for Canadian Visitors?
The good news for Canadian tourists heading off on a Vietnamese holiday can rest assured that the country is a very safe one.
Of course, if you’re visiting any major Vietnamese city or popular tourist site, you should ensure you have taken sensible precautions to keep your belongings safe just in case you are targeted by pickpockets.
More About Applying for the Vietnam Tourist Visa
Hopefully, you now know how to apply for your Vietnamese visa as a Canadian citizen. Yet, should any further guidance or advice be required, you can check out our Vietnamese visas page here.
You can find more information about visiting the country here.